Siesta time

There’s a common list of important aspects of college life: grades, a social life, coffee and (above all else) napping. Napping becomes important when all the late night study sessions start to add up and the hours of sleep a student receives becomes increasingly smaller. Sometimes there aren’t enough hours in the day for a student to get back home and catch a quick nap between classes. In order to combat the grueling battle of fatigue, here’s a comprehensive list of the best places to catch a nap on the UTSA Main Campus.

For starters, if you are a light sleeper, my number one recommendation would be the Business Building. There is a number of benches spread throughout the second floor, giving students a variety of places to catch up on some sleep. The Business Building is usually a quiet place, making it fairly easy to get in a good nap. It’s never so loud that a pair of headphones won’t keep the noise away.

Second on the list, if you’re looking for a place to nap and don’t mind a little noise, the first floor of the UC has a collection of beanbag chairs as well as a charging station and a few outlets. So while you’re recharging from the homework that took longer than you expected, your phone can recharge as well. There’s always a number of students sitting in this area, so if you snore, I would recommend you avoid this area for your impromptu snooze.

The final spot is located on the first floor of the HEB UC where you’ll find a collection of three couches. Although there are events held in Ballrooms 1 & 2; if you’re a moderate to heavy sleeper, the noise shouldn’t be loud enough to bother you. The couches are facing a large wall of windows; so if you need to count sheep or the people passing by, this is a great spot.

There’s a lot of great spaces to take a midday siesta. You never have to worry about being judged. The average college student only receives 5-6 hours of sleep a night, when the recommended amount of sleep for adults is 7-8 hours. A lack of sleep can lead to health and focus issues, so don’t be afraid to snooze it up on campus. Happy napping!