UTSA master’s programs receive recognition

Graphic by Emma reeves

Eduniversal, a global ranking and rating agency specializing in higher education, recognized three master’s degree programs at UTSA as among the best in the world. The company evaluated over 1,000 universities and more than 20,000 master’s and M.B.A programs in 154 countries using specific quantitative and qualitative criteria to select the 1,000 best business schools.

Eduniversal divided the selected schools into five Palmes levels of Excellence based on the following criteria: accreditation, major rankings and memberships in academic associations. Each program was evaluated by schools ranked with the same Palmes level given a dean’s vote. UTSA received three Palmes of Excellence and a 57% dean recommendation rate.

UTSA made two regional appearances and one international appearance in the 2019 Best Master’s and MBA Rankings. The M.S. in Business secured the No. 36 spot in General Management among programs in North America.

“We are proud to be recognized internationally for our M.S. in Business program. Since the program began in 2016, we have worked hard to provide non-business majors with a solid foundation in business, create bonds that will last a lifetime within this cohort program and ultimately secure meaningful professional employment,” said Daniel Davied, assistant dean of graduate studies in the UTSA College of Business and director of the UTSA M.S. in Business program.

The Master of Arts in Communication ranked No. 23 in Corporate Communication among programs in North America.

“The UTSA Department of Communication has been recognized by Eduniversal a few times during the last 10 years, which demonstrates the quality of our program, and it’s evident this year as we welcome the largest cohort of incoming master’s students. Our faculty are active researchers in the communication field and are committed to preparing students to succeed in the classroom and in their future careers,” said Paul LeBlanc III, UTSA professor and chair of the UTSA Department of Communication.

The M.S. for Finance, with a Real Estate Concentration, was ranked No. 46 among academic programs in real estate and wealth management worldwide.

“We are pleased to have received recognition from Eduniversal as being ranked No. 46 out of all master’s, M.B.A. and M.S. related Real Estate Programs globally,” Tony Ciochetti, chair and executive director of the UTSA Embrey Real Estate Finance and Development program, said. “Our motto is ‘real world, real learning, with real impact,’ and we benefit from the expansive network of local, regional and national companies that help support our initiatives. To have achieved these honors within the first three years of operation motivates us to continue to rise in the rankings as we increase our exposure and enrollment.”

UTSA’s Graduate School mission statement reads, “[We are] committed to advancing academic excellence in graduate and postdoctoral education and training [while supporting] an environment for research, discovery and learning, scholarly activities, intellectual and creative endeavors, as well as public service and community engagement.” Eduniversal’s recognition of three master’s programs and testimonials of students, past and present, complements their mission.