XC Arturo Barrios Invitational

The UTSA Roadrunner cross country teams traveled to College Station Saturday, Oct. 19, to race in the Arturo Barrios Invitational hosted by Texas A&M University. The women’s team placed 24th with a score of 693, while the men placed 25th with a score of 730.

Junior Amber Boyd led the women’s team, with a time of 22 minutes and 22.2 seconds in the 6k, earning 95th place. With a time of 23:18:02, senior Gabby Gonzalez earned 161st place. Following Gonzalez was sophomore Marissa Martinez, with a 200th place finish and a time of 24:01.2, along with senior Sarah Estrada recording a time of 24:41.5, earning 218th place. Soon after Estrada’s finish, sophomore Abby Balli finished in 220th place with a time of 24:44.5. Completing the women’s line up was sophomore Brooke Lomax in 226th place, recording a time of 25:21.4.

With four top-200 finishers, the men’s team was led by junior Matthew David, who claimed 138th place with a time of 26:07.8 in the 8k. Following David was senior Martin Leuvano with a time of 26:22.4, placing 159th. Senior Pedro Sepulveda placed 160th, recording a time of 26:24.6, sophomore Jake Smith finished in 179th place in 26:42.9, and sophomore JD Corona recorded a time of 27:55.6 for 212th place. To finish the men’s lineup, senior Garrett Fowler ran a time of 28:40.3 to place 221st.

The ‘Runner cross country teams will be in Bowling Green, Kentucky, on Nov. 2, to compete in the Conference USA Championships hosted by Western Kentucky