Finding your way through Autumn: Corn Maze becomes staple in Fall celebration

Photo by Sofia Garcia

San Antonio’s only corn maze has been open since Oct. 5, and it has already brought in a plethora of curious adventure seekers. Packed with vendors, a petting zoo and three different kinds of trails, this family-friendly event is a hit with the San Antonio community. Before entering the maze, one could enjoy roasted corn, pickles or an ice-cold lemonade from the concession stand. The enthusiastic aura of this event came from the laughs of children and the smiles of those taking pictures in the pumpkin patch. The petting zoo was a sight to see; people were lined up to pet ponies, goats, chickens, ducks, sheep and alpacas.

“My favorite part about tonight was seeing an alpaca spit in my mom’s face!” a young girl said.

After an eventful visit to the petting zoo, guests were greeted by maze employees with a clue book, which included games that helped participants navigate the twists and turns of the trails. Decorated with “easy, medium and hard” signs, each trail was created for different groups of people, meaning that the children would gravitate towards the easy trail that offered games and props for pictures. Maze trails were not the only attraction; a pumpkin painting station offered an artistic approach to Halloween festivities and an opportunity to take home a specially crafted souvenir. The inclusive activities provided a welcoming atmosphere and allowed for the cultivation of a night full of joyous moments.

With such a versatile arrangement of activities, staying busy and entertained was easy. Ten acres across, the corn maze provided an opportunity for children to play and for college students to build bonds with their fellow classmates. A student from UTSA described her time at the corn maze:

“We got the chance to see the corn maze and we laughed the entire time. The food was delicious and I was really happy that I got to attend. I will definitely be coming back soon!”

Serving as a ground for new friendships, celebrations and ventures, the San Antonio corn maze is a tourist attracting event that is open until Dec. 1, at Traders Village.