How to vote at UTSA on Election Day

Graphic+by+Robyn+Castro.+

Robyn Castro

Graphic by Robyn Castro.

Bella Nieto, Assistant News Editor

On Election Day, this Tuesday, UTSA students can find a polling location right on Main Campus at the H-E-B Student Union Ballroom (HSU 1.104) between the Convocation Center and the Ximenes Avenue Garage. For students at the Downtown Campus, voting services are offered at the Bexar County Elections Office. For voters who have trouble standing for long periods of time or walking far distances, curbside voting is also available. Polls open at 7 a.m. and close at 7 p.m., but will remain open to all voters who are in line by 7 p.m. 

Voters must be registered to vote in Bexar County prior to Election Day in order to be able to vote at the HSU. A face mask is required to enter the polling location along with a valid form of ID: a Texas driver’s license, U.S. military ID card, Texas handgun license, U.S. citizenship certificate or passport. It is important to note that the voter ID card received in the mail after initial voter registration does not count as a valid form of ID and will not be permissible.

Friday, Oct. 30, is the final day of early voting, and the on-campus polling location at HSU 1.104 will remain open until 10 p.m.

For more information on the candidates and initiatives on the ballot this Tuesday, you can read a sample ballot for your district. Voters must be registered prior to Election Day, so make sure you know your voter registration status