Paisano Summer movie preview

cowboys and aliens

This summer is going to be a hit for science fiction and fantasy lovers. Cinema fans will have plenty to be excited about with this summer’s varied selection.

Thor 3D

May 6

After being banished from the mythical Asgard realm by his father Odin (Anthony Hopkins), the arrogant hero, Thor (Chris Hemsworth), is forced to live among humans on Earth. While on Earth, Thor befriends a young scientist (Natalie Portman) and must defeat the trickster villain, Loki (Tom Hiddleston), along with an army of terrifying Nordic creatures. Expect to see cameos from other Marvel superheroes like Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner, The Town) and other heroes that are set to make an appearance in the future “Avengers” movie.

Hangover 2

May 26

Phil (Bradly Cooper), Stu (Ed Helms) and Alan (Zack Galafianakis) are back! This time the rowdy trio wakes up after a drunken night in Thailand following Stu’s bachelor party. Hilarity is sure to ensue with Stu sporting a new Mike Tyson face tattoo, a cigarette smoking monkey and the return of the humorous supporting characters like Mr. Chow (Ken Jeong).

Super 8

June 10

Director J.J. Abram’s film follows a group of kids that accidently capture footage of a terrible cargo train wreck caused by a pissed off extra-terrestrial. The science fiction film is largely shrouded in mystery but is likely be successful due to the collaboration between the gifted Abrams and the film’s producer, Steven Spielberg.

Green Lantern

June 17

Test pilot Hal Jordan (Ryan Reynolds, Van Wilder) is the first human ever to be selected by the interstellar Green Lantern Corps, to become a guardian of the universe. He is given a ring of power that allows him to create green matter from any thought that enters his mind and is tasked with saving his world from the powerful villain, Sinestro (Mark Strong). Hal must first master his newly-found powers or forever lose his world to darkness.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallow: Part 2 3D

July 15

Harry Potter (Daniel Radcliffe), Hermione Granger (Emma Watson), and Ron Weasly (Rupert Grint) embark on their final adventure to put an end to the evil Lord Voldermort (Ralph Fiennes). In this final installment, Harry faces his most dangerous adversary in a magical battle that will change the face of the world of wizardry.

Cowboys and Aliens

July 29th

Daniel Craig and Harrison Ford team up as cowboys to battle flying saucers and invading space aliens. The film combines two unlikely genres in a western science fiction that is sure to be an entertaining popcorn adventure.

Rise of the Planet of the Apes

August 5

See how genetically engineered primates took over mankind in the exciting prequel to the Planet of the Apes saga starring actor James Franco.

Conan the Barbarian 3D

August 19

Author Robert E. Howard’s most popular character is being rebooted for the big screen. After witnessing the slaughter of his entire tribe, Conan the Cimmerian (Jason Momoa, HBO’s Game of Thrones) seeks revenge against the savage warlords that wronged him.