“Get Infected” at Zombies Bar

A horror movie-themed bar, Zombies, on 4202 Thousand Oaks Drive, offers karaoke, great drink specials, live bands and a colorful atmosphere to guarantee a great time. The bar also includes no cover charge, a pool table, darts, a boxing game and great appetizers such as hot dogs, Frito pies and nachos.

The live bands feature national, independent and local entertainment that leaves you with whiplash and your ears screaming by the time you exit. The bar supplies lighting, security and a sound system for the bands. The fun crowd at Zombies can be intense, evidenced by a sign at the karaoke stage that reads “No moshing or slam dancing.”

The great bartenders, who enjoy a little karaoke themselves, make delicious drinks with unique names. The bar includes menus of the different bottled and draft beer, great shots and mixed drinks. Names of certain shots and drinks include Scooby snacks, blow job, Smurff piss, peanut butter and jelly, Irish breakfast and, to add to the intensity, the four horsemen, which contains four different liquors.

With the exception of the eight-dollar four horsemen, most shots on the menu are two to six dollars. They also sell mugs of beer for five dollars every day, and happy hour from opening until 8 p.m.

One of the owners of the bar, Steve, owns the name “Zombies” so that no other establishment in Texas can have that name. He says, “I wanted the bar to have an Austin-type feel to it.”

The business celebrated its four year anniversary in February. After owning a previous bar named Zombies, Steve owned a music store after that Zombies went south. Steve opened the new Zombies four years ago, but moved to the present location less than a mile down the road when Wal-Mart took the building over.

The business features six TVs showing horror-themed movies and offers a full liquor bar with over 65 different brews in stock. After all the fun, be sure to pick up a $10 Zombies shirt on the way out. Zombies is an exciting place to be to sip on great drinks and enjoy live music, both karaoke and bands.

A 21 and up bar, Zombies is open from 5 p.m. until 2 a.m. every day. Karaoke nights are Wednesday and Thursday nights with live bands playing on Fridays and Saturday nights. For more information, visit their website, zombiesliveinsa.com.