Fashion Pass: Sneaker Head Edition

Upcoming Nike Releases:

October 4th – Air Jordan 13 Retro ‘Reflective Silver’ $200

October 4th – KD7 ‘Good Apples’ $150

October 4th –Nike Roshe Flynit $125

October 9th – Nike Elastico Superfly $150

October 11th – Nike Blazer Safari Collection $100

October 11th – Nike Zoom Hypercross $140

October 11th – Air Foamposite Pro Premium $250

Did you know about Nike Flyknit technology?

In Feb. 2012, Nike introduced one of its newest innovations, The Nike Flyknit collection. The product is described as “Incredibly Light. Incredibly Strong.”

The original prototype began as a sock-shoe cross project. The sock was attached to a foam bottom illustrating the lightweight feel runners dream about. The goal was to mimic how the sock was originally made by having a team of computer programming engineers reengineer the sock to weave through the upper part of the sneaker. Called “micro-level precision engineering,” Nike used propriety software to alter the shoes stability and aesthetics.

Much of its high acclaim comes from being engineered to provide support where needed, using ultra strong yam knit into different textures to remove any excess weight and, with a single strand construction, reducing waste and materials. The Flyknit collection is featured in a number of Nike’s existing shoe lines including soccer, running, basketball and sportswear.

Whatever your Nike fix, you will definitely have the chance to experience this design for yourself. Once you check out the various designs, your mouth will certainly drool over this sneaker candy!

New to the shelves Oct 4thNike Flyknit Roshe Run “Random Yarn Color”

Check out the blend of colors featured on the shoe! Twelve colors were woven together to construct this latest masterpiece. Random and unique, but sure to be a head-turner out and about! The existing Roshe selection ranges between $60-$130. These are great for a black Friday purchase or even pre-planning as a Christmas gift this season. Also take a look at the Mineral Teal – Volt – Hyper Jade sneakers, sure to drop jaws! (Check it out below).

Nike Flyknit Roshe Run “Random Yarn Color”

Nike Flyknit Roshe Run Mineral Teal – Volt – Hyper Jade Sneakers

[All I can say is wow! The colors complement each other well, and the swoosh is definitely electrifying.]

Take a look at the Nike Free 3.0 Flyknit

In April 2014, Nike Free warmed the hearts of many Flyknit lovers by finally incorporating the technology into its design. The sock-like shoe looks very comfortable. These shoes are great for ultimate flexibility. The shoe will naturally contour the shape of your feet with a sock-like fit. They also look like you can slide them on with ease and walk out of the door- perfect for anyone on the go. Have you seen the Nike Free Flyknit SP ‘Genealogy Pack’ or ‘Volt Orange’? (Take a look below.)

Nike Free 3.0 Flyknit SP ‘Genealogy Pack’

Nike Free 3.0 Flyknit – Volt – Orange

Take a look at the Nike Free Flyknit 4.0

The Nike Free Flyknit 4.0 is slightly different in height. These babies have an exceptional natural flexibility. They keep the sneaker sole but are still light and great for those who run on a bit more rugged terrain. One of my favorites from this 4.0 collection is this summer’s Multi-color model. The use of color in this particular piece is done with precision and taste. Kudos to the designers.

Nike Free 4.0 Flyknit Multi-color

Take a look at the Nike Flyknit Lunar2

If you loved the Flyknit Lunar 1, then you will definitely fancy their newest innovation. Designed to cater to the dedicated runner, these sneakers are lightweight with a contoured fit that adapts to your stride along with plush Lunarlon cushioning for comfort after many miles. The design is sick, but the texture and color are even better.

Take a look at the Nike Lunar Flyknit Chukka

These provide ultralight mid-top protection. Is anyone in need of ankle support? Look no further.

Now enough about Nike for a bit and onto another personal favorite: New Balance!

If you’re like me, you love New Balance for their comfortable fit in any complex situation. They are too heavy but have just enough weight and support to get you anywhere you need to go. In 2012, the ‘Alpine Guide 580’ was exclusively released in collaboration with West NYC. Well, the two are at it again.

On Oct. 18, the West NYC x New Balance 530 will finally drop! Unfortunately a visual of the sneaker has not been released, but a screenshot from the promo video was snatched. We will all have to wait until they are revealed in the weeks to come.