Howdy Rowdy Bash

Dsc 1618

It was a night full of immense energy and school spirit. Hundreds of students gathered in the Convocation Center to celebrate and support athletes of the fall season during the Howdy Rowdy Bash, brought to the students by Rowdy Productions.

Upon entering, students were welcomed with an assortment of goodies, including miniature foam fingers and castanets – props that were used during the bash.

The atmosphere was full of energy as students filled the seats and awaited the celebration. Every Spirit of San Antonio band member had a smile on their face as they prepared to perform for the sea of students. With songs from the marching band, chants from the Cheer squad and sweet dance moves from the Pom Squad, the night was destined for fun.

The crowd was engaged with activities, chants and dances provided by multiple individuals from the athletics department. Students were even invited down from the stands to show off their sweet dance moves. Looking into the stands it was easy to see that everyone was having a good time and that UTSA school spirit was alive and well.

The event wrapped up with S.O.S.A.’s performance of the UTSA alma mater, followed by an exhilarating performance by We The Kings, who seemed to have just as much school spirit as the students in attendance based on their ferocious energy and passion in performing.

Playing hits like “Check Yes Juliet” and “Skyway Avenue,” the band hit their stride late into the night and kept the energy going into an energetic finale that left every student wanting more.