We’re all mad here!

Located just outside of the historic King William District and only a short distance from the heart of downtown, Madhatters Tea House and Café is a great stop on a leisurely afternoon.

On the casual side, Madhatters offers an array of eats from burgers to sandwiches, bisques to soups and burritos to scrambled eggs. Also offered at this quaint café is a treasure chest of huge cakes and pies. It’s impossible to resist saying anything but “yes” to the addition of a perfectly sweet and moist slice of carrot cake or a slice of New York cheesecake as large as “The Big Apple” itself.

This café boasts a collection of over 50 fragrant teas from the bold to the slightly floral. Just try to poke your head over the counter and read over all of the tea names. Impossible.

Madhatters is not only great for a simple afternoon lunch but also wonderful for a special date or get-together. Madhatters serves “Tea Parties for Two” that includes a 3-cup pot of any flavor of tea.

“Tea Parties for Two” comes in three variations: High Tea, Afternoon Tea and Kids Tea. Each tea party includes a scone and petit fours to share, and features a variety of sandwiches including: spicy tuna, smoked salmon and the quintessential cucumber sandwich.

These “Tea Parties” set Madhatters apart from any other lunch choice. A wrought iron, multi-tier server cradles each tea-sandwich slice and gathers attention as it passes by jealous patrons. Keep your wits about you as you reach for a sandwich or sip your tea, you wouldn’t want to go mad with excitement.

If you would like to take your fanciful tea party out into the elements, the outdoor seating, both street-side and on the patio, is perfect for fresh outdoor dinning with plenty of shade. Take a sip and enjoy the pleasant fall breeze.

On every first Friday, Madhatters plays host to a musical group that performs until the late hours of First Friday festivities. Located off of S. Alamo St., where First Friday takes place, Madhatters makes a sure stop for a great meal on your art and culture filled night.

Featured in National Graphic Traveler, the
New York Times, Texas Monthly
and was awarded San Antonio Express News’ 2009 Best Downtown Neighborhood Restaurant, Madhatters continues to serve up great food and a great time.

Madhatters serves breakfast, lunch and dinner daily and is located on 320 Beauregard St. in downtown San Antonio. Its hours of operation are Monday-Friday 7 a.m. to10 p.m., Saturday 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. and Sunday 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. For more information, call: (210) 212-4832 or log on to: www.madhatterstea.com