Netflix’s Iron Fist

Marvel Studios have released three Netflix shows from their lesser-known roster of superheroes — Daredevil, Luke Cage, and Jessica Jones. Much like the Avengers, Marvel has been teasing the formation of The Defenders ever since Daredevil first hit Netflix. However, Marvel has one more character to unveil: Iron Fist.

Iron Fist is the last and fourth member of The Defenders team and is set to hit Netflix March 17th.

Iron Fist is the story of Danny Rand, the wielder of a mystical force called the Iron Fist and practices martial arts. Danny Rand is the son of a successful and rich entrepreneur. The ruler of the city K’un L’un adopted Danny’s father when he was a young boy. Danny’s parents were killed on a journey to K’un L’un while Danny was the lone survivor and was taken in by the martial arts master Lei Kung.

Danny Rand learned martial arts in order to fight any injustice in the world and gains his mystic power through killing a dragon that stalked the city. The scar on the dragon burned into his chest in the shape of a dragon. Danny is able to use his Chi into giving a glowing and power punch within one of his hands at certain times. He decides to go back to his home in New York City to claim back his company and fight any crime.

Thus far, each Marvel show has been gritty and urban, showing the noire-like atmosphere of New York. But, Iron Fist promises to show the supernatural side of New York City that brings together The Defenders as a team. Iron Fist will please any Marvel fan who loves martial arts and supernatural elements. If you are an avid watcher of the other Marvel Netflix shows, Iron Fist should be on your watch list.