SA lines up for the 100th NYX store grand opening

College makeup lovers rejoice! The buzz around La Cantera this weekend was the grand opening of the NYX makeup store, the company’s 100th. This makeup brand is affordable and of a great quality, the best combination for the broke college kid. The three-day grand opening was filled with giveaways and express makeovers. The opening also included a meet and greet with makeup artist Lustrelex. The first 100 people in line got a chance to meet the artist and take photos.

People reportedly camped out the night before the first day with lines reaching to the parking lot. In front of the store was a makeshift mini makeup studio where customers could get a glitter lip tutorial and other express makeup services. 

In celebration of the 100th store opening, the checkout counters sported cute balloons which added a pop of color to the checkout area.

The chic store is nestled across from rival makeup store Sephora which is near Forever 21. NYX has plenty of associates on hand to help customers. The colorful displays of the different products were pleasing to the eyes and no one can beat the price of some of the product. With every color imaginable, no one can leave the store empty handed. Lipsticks, eyeliners, foundations and little accessories are available in the shades you need.

The best part about the store is the staff. The friendly atmosphere draws customers to ask the staff questions they may not ask at makeup stores that sell numerous brands.

NYX has knowledgeable associates willing to help, and their willingness helps a lot when dealing with an overwhelming amount of colors, products and formulas.

The store was split in half. One side was specific to face and lip products; the other half had eye products and other accessories. Another great part of the store was the customizable eyeshadow pallet station. Two tablets on site helped walk you through the process of making their own eyeshadow palette, with color ranging from nude to the extreme. A pallet of four colors was twelve dollars while a pallet of nine was twenty-eight dollars. Any makeup lover knows that is a great deal.

Overall, the reaction to the NYX store opening was a good one. With a variety of choices that are not available in other retail stores such as Ulta, NYX offers many products that makeup lovers may have never seen in stores. The opening at La Cantera was the first of NYX’s new stores to open. The second store is set to open at North Star Mall Mar. 25. to open. The second store is set to open at North Star Mall on Mar. 25.