Bone apple tea babeh

Luce’s Caprese dish. Photos by Ethan Pham, The Paisano

The Paisano gets a taste of pasta month in San Antonio.

Buon Appetito, because October is national pasta month. San Antonio is an epicenter for great culinary experiences, and staple Italian food is no exception. Whether you are looking for a pasta favorite or something new and delicious, here are three restaurants serving up there takes on the house-made pasta.

If you are looking for a fancy night out, try visiting Luce Ristorante e Enoteca owned by Neapolitan chef Joe Buonincontri. Walking in you are greeted with walls lined with different wines from floor to ceiling, which makes sense because enoteca translates to “wine library.” The restaurant offers over 100 selections of wine and starts you off with warm, fresh bread with a side of three different butters; regular, sun-dried tomato and pesto basil butter. Their pasta is an upscale offering of classic Italian-American flavors, such as their Pennette con Polpette e Salsiccia. So sit back and enjoy a nice night out with friends or on a date inside the wine library or their outside patio.

Luce’s mouthwaterig picture perfect pennette pasta.

If you want to experience another fine dining experience without such a tall bill, Tre Trattoria, which is owned by San Antonio chef and restaurateur Jason Dady, 

delivers on an excellent Tuscan-inspired experience. A very open and large restaurant with large glass windows allows the guests to eat well and gaze at the greenery directly outside the location. Once you are seated, there is a list of delicious Italian recipes, but their house-made pasta shines the brightest. The Gnocchi is a favorite. Another delicious dish on the menu is the Pappardelle with “Osso Buco” Ragout Pecorino Romano and Gremolata, which is pappardelle pasta with braised and shredded veal shank, Pecorino Ramono Cheese and lemon, parsley, garlic Gremolata. Relax and talk at a very friendly group-oriented lunch, dinner or Sunday brunch.

Kick back outside, bring you pets and enjoy tasty, affordable Italian fare while listening to live music at Fralo’s The Art of Pizza.

Located outside the dominion area, Fralo’s is operated by Frank and Lori Hakspiel and opened in 2004.

Fralo’s is known for their specialty pizzas, but they offer some classic Italian pasta dishes as well. A great family friendly place to enjoy great food or take-out.

San Antonio is home to a large number of great pasta eateries, so celebrate pasta month by visiting one of the many pasta restaurants is San Antonio or making the dish yourself. Either way, Pasta is never a bad decision.