Cheap Dates: great Indian cuisine at Bombay Hall

If we can all agree on something, it’s that as college students, money can get a little tight. However, if you’ve got a significant other, you’ve recently entered the dating pool or you’re just looking for a new place to go on a lunch or dinner date with your group of friends, then Bombay Hall is the place for you. Lunch is only $7.99 per person and dinner is $9.99 per person.

Bombay Hall offers an authentic Indian cuisine in a buffet spread. If you’re apprehensive about spicy food and usually avoid it, you will love Bombay Hall because it has nothing but creamy and flavorful dishes that incorporate a lot of cheeses, vegetables and chicken.

If you’re new to Indian food, then you may want to try the Chicken Tikka Masala, which is a dish that consists of chunky pieces of chicken embedded in a creamy tomato sauce. Good side choices are the mixed Pakora, which is an assortment of fried potatoes, eggplant, onions and cauliflower, or the samosas, a fried pastry with a potato, pea and lentil filling. Saag Paneer is also a patron favorite, which is diced farmer’s cheese that is served in a spinach sauce that can be scooped with the soft, warm naan bread that is brought fresh to your table and replenished as you wish. The good thing about Bombay Hall is that there’s a large variety of food, so if you don’t like one item, you can try something different.

The restaurant has a quiet and intimate atmosphere and the staff is always kind, professional and attentive. Bombay Hall has a 91 percent positive rating on Urbanspoon.com and has won two Blue Plate awards; the restaurant received its first award in 2009 and the second was awarded just this September.

Bombay Hall is located a short distance from UTSA’s Main Campus at 8783 Wurzbach Road in the Medical Center off of I-10, and is open seven days a week from 11:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. for lunch and 5:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. for dinner.