Column: Alamo Appetites

Photo by Tally Dillbert

San Antonio is filled with different places where you can have fun with friends and family. As an international student at UTSA, I’ve taken the time to explore this amazing city. This past summer, I tweeted a thread showcasing restaurants and places that I thought the roadrunner community would enjoy with some of these places in the UTSA community, others in the UIW area and downtown. From coffee shops I saw as valued study spots to museums, this column will showcase these local businesses and what they have to offer.

First on my list is Press Coffee. A local coffee shop here in SA, located near the University of the Incarnate Word, Press Coffee has grown to become one of my favorite coffee shops. What I love most about Press is its greenhouse design. If you are a plant connoisseur like myself, the cafe is decorated vibrantly with greenery at every turn. A combination of natural lighting and the scent of freshly brewed coffee and homemade food makes this environment one of the most leisurely coffee shops in the Alamo City.

Aside from the bright and plant-filled building, the coffee is impeccable. I would recommend trying their Chai Latte first. Not only does Press Coffee offers iced and hot drinks, they also offer a diverse range of pastries that compliment the coffee nicely.

Whether you need a chill spot to study or you just want to explore the town outside of the UTSA area, I would highly recommend you push your boundaries and stop by Press Coffee. The dynamic of a coffee shop that seeks to create a refreshing and vibrant environment, while still achieving their main goal of brewing great coffee, Press Coffee pulls this off exceptionally.

Location: 4035 Broadway, San Antonio, Texas 78209, United States

Mention the Paisano for 10% off with student ID.