Where do we go from here?

Another Super Bowl is in the books.

Another year has passed without a team from Texas hoisting the Lombardi Trophy.

The next logical question is “Where do we go from here?”

There is no right or wrong answer to that question. The sports calendar is just beginning to open up.

The NBA season is beginning to get exciting. My Rockets are 25-28 at the time of writing this. Still in the thick of the race in the East. Except for the slight fact they play in the West. The Spurs are atop the west at 42-8 but I wouldn’t schedule the victory parade just yet. Of course, to keep things fair, I have to give a shout out to the Dallas Mavericks. They are currently second in the state of Texas with a 35-15 record.

On the college hardwood, the UTSA Roadrunners men are in first place in the SLC West division based on the fact that they beat Texas State (Both teams are 5-3 in conference).

The UTSA women are a half-game out of first in the West. They will be home for the next two games so get on out to the Convo and let’s see if we can’t have both teams in first place.

The days are about to get warmer and that means afternoons at the ballpark. The Roadrunners will hold all but one of their non-conference games at Wolff Stadium. If you have never been to Wolff, you should go to a game. I hope they have Dollar night for a Roadrunners game there. More on that in a later “Work in Progress”.

In Majors, pitchers and catchers report to spring training this Sunday, February 13. five days after that, all other players report to spring training.

Something to look forward to in the lead up to the Major League season will be the Paisano’s preview spectacular. I will be joined by two guys, Lucas Watkins and Jay Weber, who know a little something about baseball. Together we will put our combined knowledge of the Majors to bring the best mlb preview you will get outside of a national media outlet.

So there you have it, the answer to the question of “Where do we go from here” is that we move on to another sport. Football is over, now its time for basketball and baseball.