BCS Polls

The first BCS polls of the season have been released and the debate over which team will take the number one spot has begun.

BCS Poll:

1. Florida
  2. Alabama
  3. Texas
  4. Boise State
  5. Cincinnati
  6. Iowa
  7. USC
  8. TCU

Many sports enthusiasts believe that Alabama is more deserving of number 1 as the team continue to dominate every opponent with its own style of SEC defense.

However, Florida gets the nod as the top team despite their close wins against LSU and Arkansas. Florida Gator’s QB, Tim Tebow, must have the grace of God, which is definitely more than Oklahoma QB, Sam Bradford, can say.

The Texas Longhorns are sitting at number 3 and seem to be very content with that position. Even with QB Colt McCoy and the Longhorns offense struggling to get it together, the defense has been dominating and winning games.

The rest of the poll rounds out to be very different than what college football fans have been use to.

Boise State’s undefeated season has the team ranked number 4, highest in school history. Cincinnati at 5 and Iowa at 6 are undefeated and have clearly proved on the field that both teams deserve to be ranked this high in the polls.

Both teams have tough in-conference games coming up, so fans will be able to judge if they are true contenders.

USC ranks at number 7, which comes as a surprise to many reporters and fans after their pre season ranking as one of the top five teams.

They were also predicted to be undefeated at this point of the season. USC is one of three teams in the top 10 with one loss including LSU and Miami (Fl), while the rest are undefeated. TCU, LSU, and Miami (FL) round out the top 10 respectfully.

This is only the first BCS Poll of the year, and there is plenty of football left to play.

As Texas determines its own destiny, the SEC has plenty of big games left in the season to determine if either Alabama or Florida comes out on top.

Alabama still has a game against LSU and if it all works out Florida and Alabama are expected to play for the SEC championship.

However, don’t overlook the teams from small conferences as they have had consistent wins all season.

There are many crucial games yet to be played that can determine who will play for the National Championship.

Stay tuned every Saturday as anything can happen in college football, and that is why fans love it.