Roadrunners defeated at home 57-64

The Roadrunners suffered their fourth straight loss Saturday night against Lamar off Morris Smith led UTSA with a team high 19pts. No other Runner was in double figures as UTSA continued their offensive struggles. The Cardinals, led by Anthony Miles’ 19pts had three players in double figures as they broke their 11-road game losing streak.

Never leading by more than 2pts and only shooting 37% from the field UTSA never found their groove offensively. UTSA seemed to be out hustled in almost all aspects of the game, particularly on the boards. Lamar out rebounded UTSA 38-26 and gave up only a few second chance points.

“It starts with defense. We have to play better defense” said, junior Devin Gibson after the game.

“We haven’t been shooting to well lately, so now more than ever we need to be able to come up with defensive stops.”

In the last four games the Roadrunners have allowed the opposing team to shoot 45% or better from the field and have given up more than the team average of 63 points per game.

The team will try to break their losing streak on Wednesday at Huntsville where they face Sam Houston State. Tipoff is set for 7pm.

The next home game is Saturday in the Convocation Center against Southeastern Louisiana, that game is set to start at 2 p.m.