Rowdy Dates for Winter Blues

Rowdy

Student Recital: Josh Mills, Guitar

On Thurs. Jan. 13, the UTSA Department of Music will present a Student Recital at 5:00 p.m. in the Arts, Recital Hall. Guitarist, Josh Mills will perform. 

Spring into the UC 2011

On Jan. 10-13 the UC will be having food and entertainment for the UTSA community. Their goal is to familiarize students and faculty with the all of the UC facilities.  Prizes will be given out including movie ticket baskets and an autographed UTSA Football Jersey. All events will take place from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.

Locations: Monday January 10: UC Window Lounge Popcorn and Prize Wheel Tuesday

January 11: UC Ski Lodge Music by Faith + 1, snacks, prizes Wednesday

January 12: UC Paseo Student Activities What’s Up Wednesday UC Prize Wheel Thursday

January 13: UC Window Lounge UTSA Football Photo Booth   

“World Heritage Photo Panels from Japan: Two Thousand Years of Legacies” Photography Exhibition

On Thurs. Jan. 13 the Institute of Texan Cultures and UTSA’s East Asia Institute will present an opening reception for the “World Heritage Photo Panels from Japan: Two Thousand Years of Legacies” Photography Exhibition from 6:00 – 7:30 p.m. This event is brought on in collaboration with H.E.B., The Japan Foundation and the Japan America Society of San Antonio.

Guest Artist Series: Mariangela Vacatello, Piano.  Jan. 18

Tues. Jan. 18, ARTS San Antonio and the UTSA Department of Music will host a Guest Artist Series starring Mariangela Vacatello on piano.  This event will take place at 7:30 p.m. in the Arts, Recital Hall and will be FREE to all current UTSA students with ID. Tickets may also be obtained through the Music Office beginning Jan. 10.

Great Conversation Feb. 22, 6:30 – 9 p.m.

UTSA’s Institute of Texan Cultures is holding a keynote event benefiting UTSA’s Honors College. UTSA professors and exceptional community leaders will participate in the discussion of assorted and stimulating topics.  This event will establish public awareness regarding the role thatUTSA plays in the cultural and intellectual role of the City of San Antonio.