The Paisano presents: UTSA’s Sixteen Sexiest Scholars

You know you’ve seen them on campus; now here they are.

We’ve interviewed the sexiest and smartest upperclassmen at UTSA, and asked them thirteen personality questions selected by our staff.

Nominations for this contest were done by student organizations and a few members of The Paisano based on intellectual and personal appeal. In addition to the personality questions, applicants had to answer trivia to test their smarts. A committee of five students, unrelated to the nomination process, were asked to select the top sixteen from our poll of applicants based on their responses to both trivia and personal questions.

And they chose well. Try to catch these Roadrunners before they graduate!

(Click on each student’s name for their photo, or view our Facebook album here).

Kairavi Patel: Junior biology major from Sugarland, Texas

• What do you look for in a guy/girl? Reply: “Tall, dark, and handsome, with a sense of humor. I’m one of those girls.”

• Where can one find you on a Saturday night? Reply: “Sixth Street. Sometimes in the library studying.”

• What is your sexiest physical trait? Reply: “My legs; I have extremely long legs.”

• In fifteen minutes you are: Reply: “I will be back in the library reading for my organic chemistry lab.”

• In fifteen years you are: Reply: “I will have my own dentistry practice.”

• What is one thing in your bucket list? Reply: “To skydive.”

• If your house caught on fire, which three things would you save? Reply: “My cell phone, wallet, and some clothes.”

• If you could be any world leader from any time period, who would you be and why? Reply: “I would be someone like Michele Obama or Oprah, from this day and age.”

• Which of your achievements are you most proud of? Reply: “Working at a dentist’s office since I was 15 and beauty pageants.”

• What keeps you up at night? Reply: “Twitter! Or E! News.”

• What was the last book you read? Reply: “Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen.”

• Have you ever had a crush on a UTSA Professor, if so who? Reply: “No. Science professors are so ugly!”

• What do roadrunners dream of? Reply: “To get out of here as fast as they can, and a better football team.”

Michael Pinnel: Junior mechanical engineering major from Austin, Texas

• What do you look for in a guy/girl? Reply: “Someone that I can talk to and good looking.”

• Where can one find you on a Saturday night? Reply: “At home playing ‘League of Legends'”

• What is your sexiest physical trait? Reply: “My hair.”

• In fifteen minutes you are: Reply: “In the library studying for a test.”

• In fifteen years you are: Reply: “Working in Europe or going to school there to get a grad degree, or teaching at UTSA.”

• What is one thing in your bucket list? Reply: “Free water soloing.”

• If your house caught on fire, which three things would you save? Reply: “My computer, pictures, and roommate.”

• If you could be any world leader from any time period, who would you be and why? Reply: “Alexander The Great.”

• Which of your achievements are you most proud of? Reply: “Being part of the DDR (Dance Dance Revolution) club in high school.”

• What keeps you up at night? Reply: “Fear that I haven’t done my work and ‘League of Legends’.”

• What was the last book you read? Reply: “The Hobbit J.R.R. Tolkien.”

• Have you ever had a crush on a UTSA Professor, if so who? Reply: “I have a man crush on Dr. Christensen.”

• What do roadrunners dream of? Reply: “Escaping violent coyotes.”

Nick Romano: Junior accounting major from Friendswood, Texas

• What do you look for in a guy/girl? Reply: “Comedy, confidence, personality, and doesn’t put on a show.”

• Where can one find you on a Saturday night? Reply: “Working at Perry’s Steakhouse.”

• What is your sexiest physical trait? Reply: “My smile.”

• In fifteen minutes you are: Reply: “Eating some dinner and teaching a dance lesson.”

• In fifteen years you are: Reply: “Having a family with two sons, and a successful career.”

• What is one thing in your bucket list? Reply: “Skydiving and going to Italy.”

• If your house caught on fire, which three things would you save? Reply: “My bible, box with special things, and my phone.”

• If you could be any world leader from any time period, who would you be and why? Reply: “George Bush Sr.”

• Which of your achievements are you most proud of? Reply: “Staring Alpha Tau Omega.”

• What keeps you up at night? Reply: “Noise.”

• What was the last book you read? Reply: “Robert Kiyosaki’s Rich Dad, Poor Dad.”

• Have you ever had a crush on a UTSA Professor, if so who? Reply: “No.”

• What do roadrunners dream of? Reply: “Being recognized as a large university.”

Derek Martinez: A senior finance major from Houston, Texas

• What do you look for in a guy/girl? Reply: “Personality, compatibility, and humor.”

• Where can one find you on a Saturday night? Reply: “Sigma Phi, with my fraternity brothers.”

• In fifteen minutes you are: Reply: “SI session.”

• In fifteen years you are: Reply: “Working for a bank as a loan officer or manager.”

• What is one thing in your bucket list? Reply: “Backpacking in Brazil.”

• If your house caught on fire, which three things would you save? Reply: “My dog, camera, and laptop.”

• If you could be any world leader from any time period, who would you be and why? Reply: “Chezch Ivara.”

• Which of your achievements are you most proud of? Reply: “I’m fluent in Spanish and English.”

• What keeps you up at night? Reply: “Issues regarding the fraternity.”

• What was the last book you read? Reply: “Water for Elephants.”

• What do roadrunners dream of? Reply: “Greatness.”

Kayla Pratt: Junior public relations major from Del Rio, Texas

• What do you look for in a guy/girl? Reply: “Christian, good morals and values. Tall, dark hair, and funny.”

• Where can one f
    ind you on a Saturday night? Reply: “Hanging with the family.”

• What is your sexiest physical trait? Reply: “My eyes.”

• In fifteen minutes you are: Reply: “Getting ready for track practice.”

• In fifteen years you are: Reply: “Married with kids and devoting my life to my family.”

• What is one thing in your bucket list? Reply: “Travelling to Ireland.”

• If your house caught on fire, which three things would you save? Reply: “Her cell phone.”

• If you could be any world leader from any time period, who would you be and why? Reply: “Cleopatra because she is sexy.”

• Which of your achievements are you most proud of? Reply: “I made a 4.0 and being Southland Conference 5K.”

• What keeps you up at night? Reply: “Facebook and Twitter.”

• What was the last book you read? Reply: “The Bible.”

• What do roadrunners dream of? Reply: “Success, a happy future, and life.”

Paige Pieniazek: Junior business major from San Antonio, Texas

• What do you look for in a guy/girl? Reply: “Trustworthiness, good communication skills, and faithfulness.”

• Where can one find you on a Saturday night? Reply: “Studying.”

• In fifteen minutes you are: Reply: “Lunch.”

• In fifteen years you are: Reply: “In a corporation. Hopefully, I’ll have two kids: a boy and a girl.”

• What is one thing in your bucket list? Reply: “Becoming a professional dancer.”

• If your house caught on fire, which three things would you save? Reply: “My grandmother’s quilt as well as my social security card and birth certificate.”

• If you could be any world leader from any time period, who would you be and why? Reply: “Marilyn Monroe.”

• Which of your achievements are you most proud of? Reply: “Going to college.”

• What keeps you up at night? Reply: “My phone ringing.”

• What was the last book you read? Reply: “How to Restore Sanity.”

• What do roadrunners dream of? Reply: “Graduating.”

Jacob Palacios: Junior kinesiology major from Houston, Texas

• What do you look for in a guy/girl? Reply: “Down-to-earth and intelligent.”

• Where can one find you on a Saturday night? Reply: “With my Alpha Tau Omega fraternity brothers.”

• In fifteen minutes you are: Reply: “In the library studying for an astronomy test.”

• In fifteen years you are: Reply: “Head coach of a 5A football team heading toward a championship.”

• What is one thing in your bucket list? Reply: “Skydiving.”

• If your house caught on fire, which three things would you save? Reply: “My birth and baptism certificates and my Nike shoes.”

• If you could be any world leader from any time period, who would you be and why? Reply: “President Eisenhower.”

• Which of your achievements are you most proud of? Reply: “Starting a fraternity and being a founding father of Alpha Tau Omega.”

• What keeps you up at night? Reply: “My roommates.”

• What was the last book you read? Reply: “My anatomy and physiology textbook.”

• What do roadrunners dream of? Reply: “Becoming Tier One and a force in football.”

Willyam “BJ” Winston: Junior communications major from Austin, Texas

• What do you look for in a guy/girl? Reply: “Outgoing, eyes, lips, body, goal-driven and has an out-of-the-box mentality.”

• Where can one find you on a Saturday night? Reply: “Any type of event.”

• What is your sexiest physical trait? Reply: “My eyelashes and eyebrows.”

• In fifteen minutes you are: Reply: “Meeting UTSA Ambassadors.”

• In fifteen years you are: Reply: “I’ll be an icon at Triple Threat Entertainment.”

• What is one thing in your bucket list? Reply: “Skydiving or bungee jumping.”

• If your house caught on fire, which three things would you save? Reply: “My laptop, suitcase, and Playstation 3.”

• If you could be any world leader from any time period, who would you be and why? Reply: “Barack Obama: he influenced a lot of people.”

• Which of your achievements are you most proud of? Reply: “Winning Mr. UTSA and Orientation Leader of the Year.”

• What keeps you up at night? Reply: “Stress and deadlines.”

• What was the last book you read? Reply: “Hireme.”

• What do roadrunners dream of? Reply: “National recognition with other big-name schools.”

Shayna Butler: Senior business major from Johnson City, Texas

• What do you look for in a guy/girl? Reply: “Intelligence, strong demeanor, willing to take charge.”

• Where can one find you on a Saturday night? Reply: “Dinner with friends.”

• In fifteen minutes you are: Reply: “In computer modules for applications.”

• In fifteen years you are: Reply: “Working for the Federal Reserve in Virginia.”

• What is one thing in your bucket list? Reply: “To visit the Elvis Presley memorial.”

• If your house caught on fire, which three things would you save? Reply: “My laptop, picture of my grandmother, and a bottle of water.”

• If you could be any world leader from any time period, who would you be and why? Reply: “Nelson Mandela.”

• Which of your achievements are you most proud of? Reply: “Making the dean’s list every semester.”

• What keeps you up at night? Reply: “Homework.”

• What was the last book you read? Reply: “Nelson Mandela’s biography.”

• Have you ever had a crush on a UTSA Professor, if so who? Reply: “Dr. Keaires – Geology.”

• What do roadrunners dream of? Reply: “Tradition!”

Jessica Perry: Junior civil engineering major from San Antonio, Texas

• What do you look for in a guy/girl? Reply: “Personality.”

• Where can one find you on a Saturday night? Reply: “Out with friends
    in San Antonio.”

• In fifteen minutes you are: Reply: “Tutoring a friend.”

• In fifteen years you are: Reply: “Becoming an environmental engineer.”

• What is one thing in your bucket list? Reply: “Go to a foreign beach or tropical place.”

• If your house caught on fire, which three things would you save? Reply: “Cell phone, wallet, and shoes.”

• If you could be any world leader from any time period, who would you be and why? Reply: “George Washington.”

• Which of your achievements are you most proud of? Reply: “My AP classes.”

• What keeps you up at night? Reply: “Thinking about pollution.”

• What was the last book you read? Reply: “The third book from Hunger Games.”

• Have you ever had a crush on a UTSA Professor, if so who? Reply: OMIT

• What do roadrunners dream of? Reply: “Being better than UT.”

Erica Shackleton: Junior international business major from Houston, Texas

• What do you look for in a guy/girl? Reply: “Nice teeth, honest, caring, trustworthy, and selfless.”

• Where can one find you on a Saturday night? Reply: “Houston (home) or studying/hanging with friends.”

• What is your sexiest physical trait? Reply: “My long hair.”

• In fifteen years you are: Reply: “Living in New York or Dubai working in fashion or having a family.”

• What is one thing in your bucket list? Reply: “Hot air balloon into the sunset above the Grand Canyon.”

• If your house caught on fire, which three things would you save? Reply: “My cat, a scrapbook my friends from the middle east made me, and my computer.”

• If you could be any world leader from any time period, who would you be and why? Reply: “Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., because he was important in the Civil Rights Movement.”

• Which of your achievements are you most proud of? Reply: “Being a founder of Zeta Tau Alpha and delivering school supplies to kids in India.”

• What keeps you up at night? Reply: “The future and not accomplishing things I need to accomplish.”

• What was the last book you read? Reply: “Hunger Games by Suzann Collins.”

• What do roadrunners dream of? Reply: “Winning a football championship.”

Salina Cram: A junior psychology major from Lich, Germany

• What do you look for in a guy/girl? Reply: “Intelligence, maturity, and a sense of humor.”

• Where can one find you on a Saturday night? Reply: “Volunteering and studying.”

• What is your sexiest physical trait? Reply: “My waist.”

• In fifteen minutes you are: Reply: “Studying with friends.”

• In fifteen years you are: Reply: “Working for the FBI’s Behavioral Science Unit.”

• If your house caught on fire, which three things would you save? Reply: “My phone, cat, and laptop.”

• If you could be any world leader from any time period, who would you be and why? Reply: “President Obama-there are some things I’d like to change.”

• Which of your achievements are you most proud of? Reply: “Being selected as a 2010 Bank of America Student Leader.”

• What keeps you up at night? Reply: “School.”

• What was the last book you read? Reply: “My psychology textbook.”

• What do roadrunners dream of? Reply: “Being successful and making a difference in the lives of others.”

Nathan McDuell: Junior communications major from Pearland, Texas

• What do you look for in a guy/girl? Reply: “Honesty, a great attitude, and can make me laugh.”

• Where can one find you on a Saturday night? Reply: “Anywhere! I’m all over the place.”

• What is your sexiest physical trait? Reply: “My eyes and body.”

• In fifteen minutes you are: Reply: “My finance class.”

• In fifteen years you are: Reply: “Successful with a family.”

• What is one thing in your bucket list? Reply: “Scuba diving.”

• If your house caught on fire, which three things would you save? Reply: “Childhood memorabilia, my computer, and whatever else I can find.”

• If you could be any world leader from any time period, who would you be and why? Reply: “Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., because his movement influenced a lot of people.”

• Which of your achievements are you most proud of? Reply: “Coming to school and making it this far.”

• What was the last book you read? Reply: “A book on Tiger Woods.”

• Have you ever had a crush on a UTSA Professor, if so who? Reply: “My politics professor, Aleman.”

• What do roadrunners dream of? Reply: “Success.”

Ekow Acquaah: Junior kinesiology and information systems major from California

• What do you look for in a guy/girl? Reply: “Intelligence, motivated to be something in life, and goal-oriented.”

• Where can one find you on a Saturday night? Reply: “At the gym.”

• What is your sexiest physical trait? Reply: “My abs.”

• In fifteen minutes you are: Reply: “In Chemistry with Dougherty.”

• In fifteen years you are: Reply: “President of my own gym.”

• If your house caught on fire, which three things would you save? Reply: “My social security card and pictures with family.”

• If you could be any world leader from any time period, who would you be and why? Reply: “Kofi Ann An.”

• Which of your achievements are you most proud of? Reply: “Making the dean’s list twice in a row.”

• What keeps you up at night? Reply: “Studying.”

• What was the last book you read? Reply: “William P. Young’s The Shack.”

• Have you ever had a crush on a UTSA Professor, if so who? Reply: “Professor Dilley, from the History department.”

Ashley Yong: Senior international business management major (and marketing minor)

• What do you look for in a guy/girl? Reply: “Respect, being funny, good looking, athletic, polite, smart and goal-oriented.”

• Where can one find you on a Saturday night? Reply: “A friend’s house.”

• What is your sexiest physical trait? Reply: “My legs and my lips.”

• In fifteen minutes you are: Reply: “Going home!”

• In fifteen years you are: Reply: “Rich and famous, working for a well known international company.”

• What is one thing in your bucket list? Reply: “Travel to as many countries as I can.”

• If your house caught on fire, which three things would you save? Reply: “My passport, my laptop and my cellphone.”

• If you could be any world leader from any time period, who would you be and why? Reply: “Napoleon, for conquering Europe.”

• Which of your a
    chievements are you most proud of? Reply: “Speaking Spanish, English, and French fluently, with some knowledge of Chinese and German.”

• What keeps you up at night? Reply: “ompetition in the workplace and my study abroad memories.”

• What was the last book you read? Reply: “The Alchemist by Paulo Cohelo.”

• What do roadrunners dream of? Reply: “Success and money.”

Andrew Alvarez: Junior accounting major from El Paso, Texas

• What do you look for in a guy/girl? Reply: “Intelligence, the ability to keep up the conversation, but not looks.”

• Where can one find you on a Saturday night? Reply: “I spend some Saturdays at home. I do things with Investment Society.”

• In fifteen minutes you are: Reply: “In class: marketing with Miguel Hernandez.”

• In fifteen years you are: Reply: “Master’s program in accounting. Law school. Tax attorney. Retire young. Stock broker.”

• What is one thing in your bucket list? Reply: “To go to Amsterdam.”

• If your house caught on fire, which three things would you save? Reply: “My family (including the cat), iPad, and Xbox.”

• If you could be any world leader from any time period, who would you be and why? Reply: “Johnny Patton.”

• Which of your achievements are you most proud of? Reply: “Campus CEO of Zarrly.”

• What keeps you up at night? Reply: “Stressing out about the future.”

• What was the last book you read? Reply: “The Da Vinci Code.”

• What do roadrunners dream of? Reply: “Getting somewhere fast!”