Fantasy Football: Bet on vets in week six

Hot Routes: These are the players you should start without second-guessing yourself.

Quarterback:

David Carr/ Houston Texans

Why: Carr and the Texans are off to their worst start ever-he is averaging less than 140 ypg passing, and the Texans have yet to record their first win. However, Carr’s luck is about to change. Though the Texans may not get the much-needed win, Carr will be gunning big against the pass-defense-impaired Seattle Seahawks. Look for Carr to end his lackluster play thus far in the season.

Running Back:

Warrick Dunn/ Atlanta Falcons

Why: Many have avoided starting Dunn despite career-best numbers. The reason: at 30, many have brushed off his start as a fluke-mere glimpses of Dunn’s former self. However, his former self has never played this well, debunking any assumption that Dunn is a five-week wonder; Dunn will not only stay productive, but he will also have the best season of his nine year career. Look for Dunn to exploit the weary New Orleans Saints this weekend.

Wide Receiver:

Keenan McCardell/ San Diego Chargers

Why: His 35-year-old body might not produce the entire season; he will be mostly inconsistent, as seen last week against the New England Patriots, but McCardell will have his share of good games. Against the Oakland Raiders, McCardell will make a point of taking away the spotlight from megalomaniac Randy Moss.