Cheap Date: Royal Pizza delivers a delicious and affordable meal

Most college students on tight budgets know there’s one comfort food rich in protein, dairy and vitamins that everyone loves; Pizza!

The typical chain restaurants such as Domino’s and Papa John’s often become monotonous with their usual toppings of cheese and pepperoni and the product can become quite expensive. Whether ordering in or dining out with that special someone, you should consider Royal Pizza. Two sodas and a 12 inch pizza can be purchased for about $11. Pizzas range from $6 to $10 and can easily feed two people.

Royal Pizza brings international flare to its pizza with fresh ingredients, homemade sauces and perfectly baked crusts. For those who love rustic Indian flavors, the Liverpool pizza comes with generous portions of chicken, onion, curry and black peppers. The Stockholm is the best bet to satisfy a Mediterranean craving with a choice between a rich béarnaise or kebab sauce, and comes with a juicy fillet of steak, hearty salami and onion.

Though Royal Pizza’s specialty pizzas are uniquely delicious, the menu also offers pizza for the less adventurous for about $7. The sausage and pepperoni pizzas are made with fresh ingredients and can be cooked to order. If you’re more of a veggie and cheese eater, Royal Pizza has a variety of vegetables available such as red and green peppers, artichokes and even asparagus. The Sofia pizza is topped with freshly made gorgonzola cheese, asparagus, mushroom and onion.

Royal Pizza even caters to pescatarians by using fresh shrimp, clams and tuna to create savory pizzas such as the Glasgow pizza, which has succulent shrimp, clams, tomatoes and olives.

The fresh ingredients and simple, but delicious flavors have created a new spin on an old favorite. The traditional, down-home atmosphere of this pizzeria combined with the great prices make Royal Pizza the perfect place for a cheap date.

Conveniently located on the Northwest side for UTSA students, Royal Pizza is at 6565 Babcock Rd. suite #19. The restaurant is open from 11 a.m until 9 p.m., Monday-Thursday; 11 a.m. until 10 p.m. Friday and Saturday; and 11 a.m. to 8 p.m., Sundays.