San Antonio’s Top Taco

In attempt to crown San Antonio’s top taco, The Paisano staff nominated 12 unique taco eateries. We have invited the residents of San Antonio to vote with us from the following restaurants. Vote each week and support your favorite taco, in hopes that it makes it to the top.

Chela’s– Chela’s tacos have an extensive menu of top quality tacos. They have a variety of “Chela’s only” tacos including favorites like “el Diablo” and “la costra del guero.”

Los Perejil– Los Perejil is a popular taco truck that makes its home at the corner of Bandera Road and Gilbeau road. This late-night eatery has many specialty plates of their own creation.

Ricky’s Tacos – Ricky’s Tacos is a taco truck just outside the popular UTSA dive, The Cantina. Lines form outside Ricky’s most weekends as hungry patrons wait to order their delicious mini tacos.

The Cove – One of the few San Antonio restaurants to be featured in The Food Network’s “Diners, Drive-In’s and Dives”. The Cove is known for their very savory fish taco.

Taco Haven – Taco Haven offers a different variety taco from a simple egg taco for breakfast to their Carne Guisada tacos. Their specials are a must.

La Gloria -The phrase “No hace falta morir palla llegar a la Gloria,” (You don’t have to die to go to heaven) adorns the menus of La Gloria and no statement could be truer. La Gloria specializes in recreating authentic Mexican Street food.

Rolando’s- Home to one of the largest tacos in San Antonio. Rolando’s Super Taco boasts a variety of tacos.

Garcia’s- Garcia’s has been serving up excellent Mexican food in San Antonio for 48 years. The restaurant is known for it’s authentic Mexican feel.

Rosarios Although Rosario’s might be a little pricey, its bold and vibrant flavors are well worth the price. Rosario’s has won countless awards and honors for its food, making it a top contender for San Antonio’s  top taco.

Taqueria datapointTaqueria datapoint could be considered San Antonio’s hidden gem. Datapoint, as it is commonly known, is the epitome of the little hole in the wall restaurant.

Mama Margie’s –If you don’t get to Mama Margie’s before 1:30 a.m. you may not ever have the opportunity. This taco joint is a San Antonio favorite. Mama Margie’s serves delicious tacos all day and night.

Chacho’sChacho’s taco’s are large, messy taco’s. Not only are Chacho’s tacos tasty and traditional, they are affordable too.