Softball breaks even with a five game winning streak

Caitlyn Ivy

In the last week, the Roadrunner softball team has seen a transformation.

In one week the Roadrunners have gone from five games under .500 to sitting on a 22-22 record.

It began with a trip to Houston Wednesday for a doubleheader with Houston Baptist.

The Roadrunners, behind the 5-for-8 day from junior Caitlyn Ivy, took both games of the doubleheader, 5-1 and 3-0.

It would be three days before the Roadrunners took the field again, this time in the comforts of Roadrunner Softball Field against the Bears of Central Arkansas.

In a Saturday doubleheader, the Roadrunners would give up a run to the Bears in the first inning of each game before scoring runs of their own.

In game one, the Roadrunners got their first run in the fourth when Ivy, who had gotten on thanks to a Bear error, scored on a RBI double by junior Nikki Goff who extended a hitting streak to six games.

The Roadrunners got the winning run an inning later, taking the first game 2-1.

In the second game, both teams brought out the bats. The Roadrunners did more with their at bats as they won 7-5 on a three-run home run by Ivy.

The stage was set for the Roadrunners to sweep the weekend on Sunday and with the help of a three run second inning, they did just that, knocking off the Bears 7-5.

With the sweep of the Bears, the Roadrunners improved to 22-22 overall, 12-12 in Southland play.