It’s tee time for the women’s golf team at UTSA.

The lady Roadrunners have had two golf tournaments in the 2010 season and have had a strong start.

The Roadrunners opened the 2010 season at the Koasati Pines Classic in Kinder, Louisiana . They finished in third as a team and four of their five players finish in the top 20 of the tournament.

The four top athletes included senior Shelly Martinez, senior Madison McClain, sophomore Summer Batiste and sophomore Bruna Spengler.

In their second tournament the Roadrunners finished 14th at the UCF Challenge in Sorrento, Florida.

“Our goal is to win a Conference Championship.” Martinez said. ” We are looking to shutout the competition.”

In the UCF Challenge, Martinez brought in a score card with 78-77-75, bringing her total to 230 for the tournament.

“As a senior and co-capitan of the team, I try to be a good leader so that the underclassmen look up to me,” Martinez said. Leading is exactly what the team has in mind.

” We would like to win conference and advance to regionals,” Batiste said. ” We don’t only want to win by two or three strokes; we want to win by 20.”

Batiste, who finished 11th in the Koasati Pines Classic says that preparing mentally is the number one key to playing great golf.

The Roadrunners travel to Florence, Arizona March 15 to play in the Northern Migration Invitational.