Local events for the week of January 22

Tuesday, Jan. 22

10 a.m. Exhibit: “Fiesta, Fete, Festival”

San Antonio’s past is celebrated throughout this exclusiveexhibit that commemorates the history of the annual city event, known as“Fiesta.” The McNay Art Museum (6000 N. New Braunfels Ave.) presents “Fiesta,Fete, Festival” as part of its Tobin Collection. Admission is $5-$10.

2 p.m. Exhibit: “Dirty Dozen”

Blue Star Contemporary Art Center (116 Blue Star) presents“Dirty Dozen;” an exhibit featuring work from San Antonio and Houston artists.Admission is $3-$5.

Wednesday, Jan. 23

8 p.m. UCPC Coffeehouse

UCPC Coffeehouse presents an intimate performance by TheDoyle Brothers. The event is free for all UTSA students and will be held in theUC Ski Lodge.

8 p.m. Comedy: “Nerdcore Comedy”

This stand-up show has been featured in anime conventionsand various video game sites around Texas. The comedic talents of KOOLAIDAnsel, Mike Suarez, Jay Whitecotton and Larry Garza will be at the Laugh OutLoud Comedy Club (618 N.W. Loop 410) for this one-night show. Admission is $10.

Thursday, Jan. 24

10 a.m. Exhibit: “Aphrodite and the Gods of Love”

The San Antonio Museum of Art (200 W. Jones St.) presents“Aphrodite and the Gods of Love,” an exhibit featuring 125 statues, vases,jewelry and other valuables from the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston. Admissionis $3-$8.

12 p.m. Exhibit: Justin Randolph Thompson: “Meet Me In theBottoms”

Blue Star Contemporary Art Center (116 Blue Star) presents“Meet Me In the Bottoms,” an exhibit that highlights the issue of workersaffected in the shoeshine trade. Admission is $3-$5.

Friday, Jan. 25

10 a.m. Exhibit: “Tal Palo Tal Astilla Artists”

UTSA Art Gallery (Main Campus) presents “Tal Palo TalAstilla Artists,” an exhibit that chronicles the work of artists working withinand outside the U.S. and Mexico Border. Admission is free for all current UTSA students.

9 p.m. UCinema Night: “Here Comes the Boom”

UCPC presents “Here Comes the Boom,” a comedy starring KevinJames as Scott Voss, a high school biology teacher who turns to UFC fighting towin money to save an extra-circular program at his school. Admission is freefor UTSA students.

Saturday, Jan. 26

2 p.m. Theatre: “The Cat in the Hat & Other Tales”

The Dr. Seuss classic is back in this rendition of “The Catin the Hat” at the Magik Theatre (420 S. Alamo). Director, Katie Mitchellbrings the tale onto the stage in the form of one-act play. Tickets are $9-$10.

12 p.m. Exhibit: “Transitios”

Artpace (445 N. Main Ave.) presents Transitios, a group showthat highlights on the themes of culture, economy and miscommunication. Artistsfor the exhibit include Ricardo Cuevas, Miguel Monroy, Jose Antonio and membersof the Changarrito Project.

Sunday, Jan. 27

12 p.m. Exhibit: “America’s Finest”

Vincent Valdez brings tales of trauma anddespair with his exhibit, “America’s Finest” that is on display at the McNayArt Museum (6000 N. New Braunfels Ave.).