Local calendar of events for the week of 10-22-13

Monday, October 28

7:00 p.m. Film Screening: Halloween 35th Anniversary Celebration

Several Santikos Theatres (Silverado, Palladium, Rialto and Bijou) are celebrating John Carpenter’s Halloween with a series of Halloween films on the big screen. Each day will feature a different film from the “Halloween” franchise through October 31. For more information, visit santikos.com.

Tuesday, October 22

7:30 p.m. Theater: “Peter and the Starcatcher”

The Majestic Theatre (224 E. Houston) presents Rick Elice’s adaptation of the best-selling children’s novel “Peter and the Starcatcher.” Referred to as the “swashbuckling grownup prequel to Peter Pan,” the play employs a cast of 12 to portray upwards of 100 characters. Admission is $26-$76. For tickets and showtimes, visit majesticempire.com.

Wednesday, October 23

7 p.m. Live Music: I Love Boobies Music Festival

Hooligans Bar and Grill (13920 N IH-35) will be hosting the “I Love Boobies Music Festival” to raise money for Breast Cancer Awareness Month. A portion of proceeds will go to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation towards helping the education, research, screening and treatment to help find a cure for breast cancer. The show will include multiple live performances, special guest hosts, live DJ performances and more. For more information, visit hooligansbarandgrill.com.

Thursday, October 24

7:45 p.m. Film Screening: Cycle-In Cinema: “Beetlejuice”

The Main Plaza Conservancy (115 N. Main Ave) will host Cycle-In Cinema, a modern interpretation of the classic drive-in with a twist; audience members are asked to volunteer to use their bikes to pedal-power the projector. This week, Cycle-In Cinema presents Tim Burton’s 1988 classic “Beetlejuice.” For more information, visit mainplazaconservancy.org.

Friday, October 25

9 p.m. Film Screening: UCinema Night, “The Conjuring”

The University Center Programing Council will be screening James Wan’s “The Conjuring” in the Retama Auditorium (UC 2.02.02). Free raffle prizes and popcorn will be provided. Admission is free.

Saturday, October 26

6:00 p.m. Event: Howl-O-Ween Bash

Howl at the Moon (111 W. Crocket St. #201) is hosting its annual Halloween party. Enjoy drink specials, a costume contest (with the possibility to win $2,000 in cash and prizes), and their world famous dueling piano show. For more information, visit howlathemoon.com.

Sunday, October 27

7:00 p.m. Live Music: Switchfoot

Alternative band Switchfoot will be performing at The Laurie Auditorium (715 Stadium

Dr.) as part of their Fading West Tour. Their new film, Fading West, will

serve as the opening act to a stripped down performance. Admission is $29.38-$39.38.

For more information, visit ticketmaster.com.