Local calendar of events for the week of 12-3-13

Tuesday, December 3

7:30 p.m. Live Music: The Legend of Zelda: Symphony of the Goddesses-Second Quest

The acclaimed concert revisits the Majestic Theatre (224 E. Houston St.) to dazzle music lovers and Zelda enthusiasts. There will be new material exploring additional chapters from the Zelda franchise as well as the four-movement symphonic work from last season. Admission begins at $37.50. For more information, visit majesticempire.com.

Wednesday, December 4

9:45 a.m. Theatre: The Best Christmas Pageant Ever

The play, adapted from Barbra Robinson’s book of the same title, will be showing through December 21 at The Magik Children’s Theatre (420 S. Alamo). The story concerns six bratty children who enter a church looking for snacks but end up with roles in a Christmas play. Admission is $9. For more information, visit magiktheatre.org.

Thursday, December 5

5 p.m. Event: Whataburger “Oh What a Night”

Whataburger customers can show their support for Highland Park Elementary (3500 S. New Braunfels) by enjoying their favorite menu items, and 20% of Whataburger’s sales will be donated to Highland Park Elementary. Raffles, activities and the always popular Free Whataburger for a Year drawing will also be featured. Admission is free.

Friday, December 6

8 p.m. Theater: Guys and Dolls

The Playhouse (800 W Ashby Pl) will be presenting the 1950 classic Broadway production “Guys and Dolls.” Follow Sky Masterson and Nathan Detroit as they gamble and scheme their way to the top in this family friendly classic. Admission is $10-$25. For tickets, visit theplayhousesa.org.

Saturday, December 7

2 p.m. Exhibition: 50 Artist/250 Works

French & Michigan Art Gallery (115 Michigan Ave) is hosting “50 Artists / 250 Works”

the gallery’s second exhibition. 50 local artists will exhibit five 8×8 pieces consisting of

photography, mixed-media and ceramic.Guests can purchase artwork for the holiday season. For more information, visit frenchandmichigan.com.

Sunday, December 8

7 p.m. Live Music: Kanye West

21-time Grammy Award-winner Kanye West will be performing at the AT&T Center (1 AT&T Center Pkwy) as part of The Yeezus Tour, his first solo tour since 2008. Also performing will be current “Hottest MC in the Game,” Kendrick Lamar. Admission is $37.50-$97.50. For tickets, visit attcenter.com.

Monday, December 9

9 a.m. Exhibit: Traveling Fredericksburg Road: 120 years in 12 Miles

The Institute of Cultures (801 César E. Chavez Blvd) will be exhibiting a case study conducted by graduate students from the UTSA College of Architecture who have gathered architectural information on along with historic events that took place along Fredericksburg Rd and used this information to illustrate the history of San Antonio and its evolution over time. Admission is free for members, $6-$8 for non-members. For more information, visit texancultures.com.