Local calendar of events for the week of 1-21-14

Tuesday, January 21

9 a.m.-5 p.m. Exhibit: “Art in the Garden”

The San Antonio Botanical Gardens (555 Funston Pl.) presents a unique exhibit featuring artwork from the Chicago International, Mid-South Alliance and the Texas Sculpture Group. The installation combines outdoor sculptures with the scenery of the botanical gardens. Admission ranges from $7-$10. For more information, visit sabot.org.

Wednesday, January 22

10 a.m. Exhibit: “Diego Rivera in San Antonio”

The San Antonio Museum of Art (200 W. Jones St.) presents a special exhibit featuring work from renowned Chicano artist Diego Rivera. The exhibit contains nine small pieces including prints and oil paintings portraying indigenous Mexican lifestyles. Admission is $5-$10. For more information, visit samuseum.org.

Thursday, January 23

7 p.m. Film: “A Streetcar Named Desire”

The Santikos Bijou Theatre (4522 Fredericksburg Rd) presents a screening of the popular film “A Streetcar Named Desire.” The drama, starring Marlon Brando and Vivien Leigh, recounts a southern sweetheart Blanche DuBois (Leigh) and the confrontations between her brother-in-law Stanley Kowalski (Brando). The film is part of the weekly free movie series at the Santikos Bijou Theatre. Admission is free.

Friday, January 24

10 a.m. Exhibit: “CSI: The Experience”

The Witte Museum (3801 Broadway St.) brings the study of forensic science to an interactive exhibit that invites guests to crack the case. Based on the hit CBS show “CSI: Crime Scene Investigation,” the exhibit challenges guests while teaching the process of forensic science investigations. Admission ranges from $13-$18. For more information, visit wittemuseum.org.

Saturday, January 25

2 p.m. & 8p.m. Theatre: “Ghost: The Musical”

The Majestic Theatre (224 E. Houston St.) brings the hit musical based on the classic film “Ghost” to its stage. Nominated for five Olivier Awards and three Tony Awards, “Ghost: The Musical” tells the story of two lovers who are bound to live apart in the mortal world and the afterlife. Admission is $49.35-$91.60. For more information, visit majesticempire.com.

Sunday, Jan. 26

7 p.m. Film: “Monty Python and the Holy Grail Quote Along”

The Alamo Drafthouse at Park North (618 NW Loop 410) presents the comedy “Monty Python and the Holy Grail Quote Along” as part of its Action Pack Quote Along series. Guests are invited to belt out their favorite quotes to this 1975 classic starring Graham Chapman, John Cleese and Eric Idle. Admission is $12. For more information, visit drafthouse.com.