‘Wicked: The untold story of the witches of Oz’ returns to the Majestic Theatre

(arts) wicked (courtesy of wicked)

The evil laughter surrounds the audience. The ugly, emerald-green skin is bright enough to scare the children. Get ready for a ‘Wicked’ awesome musical as the popular musical returns to San Antonio! It last played in town in 2011, but the musical has returned to the Majestic Theatre this year.

“Wicked” is based on the novel by Gregory Maguire, the author of “Mirror Mirror,” and music and lyrics are written by Stephen Schwartz. Before Dorothy comes along to Oz, there were two witches, Elphaba and Glinda, that were unlikely to be friends. This musical is the untold story of their relationship since the moment they first met. From trusting to not trusting each other, Elphaba eventually became resentful toward Glinda.

Both of the witches have different personalities. While one witch is born with bright, green skin, the other is born beautiful and becomes popular. The story unfolds the journey of two unbelievable friends who later become the known Wicked Witch of the West and Glinda the Good.

“Wicked” is the winner of 50 major awards including a Grammy Award and three Tony Awards. Natalie Daradich, who started as an understudy for Nessarose, will perform as Glinda the Good. Anne Brummel also performs as Elphaba Thropp. The rest of the cast includes Marilyn Caskey as Madade Morrible and Don Amedolia as The Wizard.

Many people considered “Wicked” to be a life-changing experience. Are you ready for your life to be changed? “Wicked” will play from March 12 – March 30, 2014. For viewings and times, visit wickedtour.net/wicked-san-antonio or majesticempire.com.