Events Calendar For Week of 11-11-14

Tuesday 11/11

Hang out at Havana Hi-Fi every Tuesday from 7 p.m. – 10 p.m. Join Hotel Havana (1015 Navarro Street) for a night filled with “psychedelic soul, funk and Afro-Latin” music. There is no cover charge, and there will be lots of food and drink specials. Come be a part of Downtown Tuesday and park for free at any of the parking garages, lots and meters. Visit havanasanantonio.com/events for more information.

Wednesday 11/12

Night of the Arts 2014 begins at 6 p.m. at the UT Health Science Center Auditorium located on 7703 Floyd Curl Drive. This annual fundraiser will feature musical performances, art galleries and a silent auction showcase. The proceeds from this event benefit Student Run Free Clinics. Visit utmedsa.net/nota for more information.

Thursday 11/13

The McNay Art Museum (6000 North New Braunfels) is hosting its Second Thursday event starting at 6 p.m. The event will consist of art, music, food and drinks. Come check out the food truck, Crispin Ciders, and this month’s featured local band or DJ. Visit mcnayart.org/events for more information.

Saturday 11/15

For the 53rd year in a row,Wurstfest is bringing Germany to Texas. Enjoy great food, great music and great beer. What’s even greater? Tickets are only $10! This ten-day sausage extravaganza is already underway and ends on Sunday, Nov. 16, so get your tickets fast at wurstfest.com or purchase them the day of at the Landa Park Fairgrounds in New Braunfels.

Sunday 11/16

I dare you to move to the Aztec Theatre on Sunday, Nov. 16 to watch the Grammy award winning band, Switchfoot. This well-acclaimed band with well-acclaimed songs, such as “Dare You to Move” and “Meant to Live,” hits the stage with Gungor. Doors open at 7 p.m. with the show starting at 8 p.m. Ticket prices range from $25 to $37. Go to theaztechtheatre.com for more information.

Monday 11/17

Hey, sports fans! See the Spurs take on the Philadelphia 76ers on Monday, Nov. 17 at the AT&T Center. This exciting game starts at 7:30 p.m. with tickets starting at just $15 on ticketmaster.com. Hurry – tickets are limited!

Tuesday 11/18

Calling all dancers and drummers! URBAN-15 is looking for new performers to join their award-winning performance ensemble Carnaval de San Anto. Auditions are Tuesday, Nov. 18 from 6:30 p.m. – 8 p.m. To be a part of this great group, visit urban15.org.