Calendar of Events for week of 1-20-15

Tuesday

January 20, 2015:

It’s that time of the semester again – time to get involved! Stop by the Involvement Fair with student activity booths stationed throughout the University Center and outside the McKinney Humanities building on Tuesday and Wednesday from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. The best way to get plugged in on campus is by joining a club that interests you, so take some time to stop and scan your options.

Wednesday

January 21, 2015:

Check out the opening of “Fare Thee Well,” the UTSA Main Gallery’s newest exhibition from 6 p.m. – 8 p.m. on Wednesday. This gallery features work from artists Robbie Barber, Sedrick Huckaby, Dyan Green and Ben Davis, and it will be open until Feb. 20. For more information, visit art.utsa.edu/fare-thee-well.

Friday

January 23, 2015:

Try date night with Picasso at the San Antonio Museum of Art this weekend. Admission to this event is two for one and a student I.D. brings the cost down to just $5. Expect to flamenco the night away and gaze at the current Picasso exhibition. There will also be a cash bar open for attendees over 21. Date Night Picasso is from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. More information can be found at samuseum.org.

Saturday

January 24, 2015:

The Witte Museum (3801 Broadway) presents “Texas Flora: Nature’s Paintbrush,” opening on Saturday. Hopefully this aptly named exhibit is just in time for some springtime weather. Admission to the entire museum, including “Texas Flora” is $8 and more information can be found at wittemuseum.org.

Sunday

January 25, 2015:

Venture out to scenic Gruene, Texas, for the afternoon and wander around downtown. Be sure to mosey on into Gruene Hall for some free live entertainment. Cajun rocker Slim Bawb will be playing from noon – 3:30 p.m. and Guy Forsyth’s Hot Nut Riveters, described as recession-era themed folk musicians who bring an extra dash of comedy to their tunes, will play from 4 p.m. – 8 p.m. For more information visit gruenehall.com.