Own it!

I walk to the Aspen Heights clubhouse to pick up my new shoes that had just arrived. The girl who normally works at the front desk is nowhere to be found so I walk upstairs to the property manager’s office.

The property manager is talking to one girl about her rent payments so I wait in line for my turn to see him. I notice another girl leaning against the wall with a scowl on her face. Feeling bored and annoyed with how the person ahead of me is discussing personal matters rather than quickly finishing her meeting, I walk outside and check the mail. When I return to the office area the girl ahead of me is still talking. Finally after what seems like hours, the girl finishes and leaves.

I start to walk in and ask about where the girl who works downstairs but I am immediately interrupted by the scowling girl. She says, “Excuse me but I was next.” I act polite and let her have her turn with the property manager. Little does he know there is a volcano that is about to blow?

“I don’t know who you think you are acting so unprofessionally in your emails to my boyfriend,” she says teeth clenched, fangs visible. The girl argues with the manager about how her boyfriend’s car was towed. The car was parked in a fire lane for days before the manager finally called the tow truck to pick it up.

It’s interesting to see how selfish college students are. They believe the law doesn’t apply to them. Fire lanes are not parking spaces for a reason. They are there to allow for fire trucks to maneuver through parking lots easily.

The girl isn’t even a resident at the complex. She is just a complaining girlfriend who feels entitled to her own idea of what fair is. Aspen Heights already has issues with excessive trash and dog feces on the grounds.

People at housing complexes need to responsibility for their home and take care of it. Instead of taking advantage of the law and basic moral decencies, students need to respect their living environment.