Conference USA awards Karrington Donald with C-USA Spirit of Service Award

Ryan Garza, Sports Editor

UTSA women’s basketball guard Karrington Donald was awarded the C-USA Spirit of Service Award by Conference USA. 

The Spirit of Service Award, awarded three times a year, is given to 14 different student athletes who have participated in community service  and achieved high academic standing while participating in a sport. 

Donald has been active within the San Antonio community by dedicating time to numerous different organizations like the San Antonio Food Bank, Methodist Children’s Hospital, Dreamrunners, Elementary School Outreach, SAAC CANtoberfest, Senior Home Outreach, UTSA Move In and Thank-a-Thon. She also worked with St. Baldrick’s Day, For The Kids Fashion Show and Dance Marathon, and Childsafe Cardboard Kids Campaign. She is also a member of the Roadrunner Excellence and Leadership Institute.

Additionally, Donald is in UTSA’s Honors College and currently has a 3.79 GPA while studying computer science. She has also made the Honor Roll every year, made the Dean’s list three times and been named to the C-USA Commissioner’s Honor Roll twice.

On the court, Donald has been a consistent starter in the last two seasons, starting in over 24 games. In her junior season, she led the team in field goal attempts and averaged 10.1 points per game. She also led the team in three-point percentage, three-point makes and three-point attempts and led the way in assists and minutes played.