Violence at the Outpost continues

Last week, San Antonio Police responded to two armed robberies in three days at the Outpost Apartments on UTSA Blvd.

Police reported that at 1:15 a.m. on Wednesday, three men broke into a unit where a party was taking place at the Outpost apartments. Investigators said three men were pistol-whipped before the robbers collected wallets and cell phones.

The suspects were seen in a gold Ford Taurus.

This incident followed another report of armed robbery a few days earlier.

On the morning of Oct. 30, the San Antonio Police Department searched the Outpost apartments property for both of the armed robbers.

Investigators reported that around 11 p.m. Oct. 29, two suspects broke into an apartment and held two UTSA students at gunpoint while the robbers ransacked the apartment. One suspect, armed with a shotgun, forced the young couple into another room while the suspects stole a number of items.

A concerned neighbor told investigators that he responded to the noise and encountered the two robbers as they exited the apartment. One robber attempted to hit him over the head with the shotgun, but the neighbor was able to escape the blow, according to KENS5 News.

SAPD stated that two of the three suspects involved in the incident on Wednesday match the description of the suspects in the robbery on Monday. However, investigators said that it is too early to determine if they are the same men. 

On Thursday, following the two incidents, Outpost residents received an email from General Manager Daniel Switter addressing the additional security measures that will be implemented, including the installation of a fence and a gate, an increase in the number of security guards and the extension of patrolled hours.

These armed robberies follow the Oct. 17 shooting at the Outpost apartment complex. Charles Duoto was rushed to University Hospital in critical condition after he was robbed and shot in the chest while walking to his apartment.

“We will not tolerate the increased crime in the area,” stated Switter.

No arrests have been made in the case.