UTSA XC concludes season at NCAA South Central Regional

The+UTSA+womens+cross+country+team+sets+off+from+the+start+line+during+the+UIW+Twilight+Meet+earlier+this+season.+The+team+endured+a+difficult+season%2C+but+with+nine+freshmen+on+the+squad%2C+brighter+days+are+ahead.+

Julia Maenius

The UTSA women’s cross country team sets off from the start line during the UIW Twilight Meet earlier this season. The team endured a difficult season, but with nine freshmen on the squad, brighter days are ahead.

Sofia Garcia, Editor-in-Chief

On Nov. 12,  the UTSA Roadrunner cross country teams made their way to Waco to compete in their last meet of the season, the NCAA Division I South Central Region Championships. UTSA sent one woman and four men to the Championships.

Senior Madeline Boswell led the women’s team in the 6k, earning 38th place with a time of 21 minutes and 52.9 seconds. Her 3k split was 10:48.7 and her 5k split was 18:11.3. 

Freshman Idol Ramon led the men’s team in the 10k, securing 126th place with a time of 36 minutes and 49 seconds. In 147th place was freshman Luke Lawhorn recording a time of 36:20.3. After Lawhorn came Junior JD Corona, finishing in 149th place with a time of 36:37.03. Completing the men’s line up for the meet was Hunter Haynes, who secured 155th place with a time of 37:08.9.

As the cross country team closes out the season, it is important to acknowledge the senior that has led the women’s team all season. A transfer from UT Austin, Madeline Boswell set admirable personal records in many races. Boswell’s record for the 5k was 17:33.8 seconds, her 6k was 20:34.6 and her 4k was 13:48.8.