Early voting underway on campus

Camila Martinez Rivera

UTSA is a designated voting center for the 2022 Midterm elections on Nov. 8. Registered voters can cast their ballot in the H-E-B Student Union Bexar Room.

Gauri Raje, News Editor

Early voting for the 2022 general elections will continue until Friday, Nov. 4. Election Day is on Tuesday, Nov. 8.

Registered voters in Bexar County can cast their ballot at the H-E-B Student Union Bexar Room (HSU 1.102) using a valid form of voter ID. Voting times for each day will vary and can be found on UTSA’s Rowdy Votes website.

National races appearing on the Bexar County ballot include the U.S. Representatives for Districts 20, 21, 23, 28 and 35, depending on the voter’s residential address. 

On the state level, important races include those for state executive offices. For example, incumbent Republican Gov. Greg Abbott is challenged by Democratic nominee Beto O’Rourke in an electoral race focused on issues like immigration, gun safety laws, abortion and tax policy, among other things. Other executive offices include Lieutenant Governor, Attorney General, Comptroller of Public Accounts, Commissioner of the General Land Office, Commissioner of Agriculture and Railroad Commissioner. 

Other state offices up for election include justices on the Texas Supreme Court, state Board of Education members, state senators and representatives.

Notable county offices on the ballot include that of Bexar County judge, a position that has been vacated and is an open seat after over 20 years.

The full generic ballot for the 2022 Texas midterms, including candidates, can be found online at https://www.bexar.org/DocumentCenter/View/4570/Generic-Sample-Ballot-PDF