Get Involved: Week of Jan. 24 to Jan. 31

Chloe Williams, Web and Social Editor

Tuesday, January 24:

UTSA College of Liberal and Fine Arts will host “COLFA Taco Tuesday” from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the COLFA Student Success Center in the McKinney Humanities Building (MH 376).

Joshua Moncada Zoll will have a “Student Recital” from 5 to 5:30 p.m. at the UTSA Recital Hall.

A “Self Defense Demonstration” will take place from 5:50 to 7:40 p.m. in the Recreation Wellness Center Blue Studio (RWC 2.210).

Trivia Tuesdays” will be held from 7 to 9 p.m. at Black Potion San Antonio (1900 Fredericksburg Rd., Suite 101).

UTSA En Vivo” will be performed at 7:30 p.m. by Chelsea Bonagura in the UTSA Recital Hall.

Wednesday, January 25:

Conchas, Coffee, and Consent” will be hosted by UTSA PEACE Center and UTSA Wellbeing Services from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Student Union Window Lounge (SU 1.02.00C).  

UTSA Wellbeing Services will host “Anxiety and Depression Toolkit” from 1 to 2 p.m. in the Student Union Magnolia room (SU 2.01.30).

Live band karaoke will take place for ages 21 and up, starting at 9:30 p.m. every Wednesday and Thursday at Picks Bar (4553 N Loop 1604 W Acc Rd. #1101).

Between Yesterday And Tomorrow: Perspectives From Black Contemporary Artists Of San Antonio” will be part of San Antonio’s “DreamWeek” from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Culture Commons Exhibit Hall (115 Plaza De Armas).

San Antonio Startup Day” will be held from 8:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. at Geekdom (110 E Houston St.).

A producer-only farmers market happens every Wednesday from 1 to 6 p.m. at Woodlawn Pointe (702 Donaldson Ave.). 

Thursday, January 26:

Dream Week: Passion With Purpose,” consisting of BBQ, art and live music, will take place from 6 to 9 p.m. at Legacy Park (103 W Houston St.).

The Banquet Table will be handing out free coffee from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. in UTSA Central Plaza. 

There will be a “Plyo Jump Off Competition” from 5 to 8 p.m. in the UTSA Main Campus Recreation Center.  

Friday, January 27:

Food trucks and live music will be at Eat and Play” from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Main Plaza Conservancy (115 N Main Ave.).

The “Morning Mixer On The Rooftop” will be held from 8 to 10 a.m. at Artpace (445 N Main Ave.) and includes free donuts, coffee and art gallery access.

Saturday, January 28:

Kieley Morales will have a “Student Recital” from 7:30 to 8:30 p.m. in the UTSA Recital Hall.

The Bandera Farmer’s Market happens from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. every Saturday at Bandera Pointe Shopping Center (11609 W Loop 1604).

As part of the San Antonio “DreamWeek,” there will be a vintage vendor market, “BRICKADELIC – DreamWeek Edition,” at 7 p.m. at The Brick Gallery at Blue Star Arts Complex (108 Blue Star).

The Pearl Farmers Market takes place weekly from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Historic Pearl (312 Pearl Pkwy.).

Sunday, January 29:

Free community yoga will take place from 10 to 11 a.m. at Confluence Park (310 W Mitchell St.).

For the second day, the “Pearl Farmers Market” will take place from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Historic Pearl (312 Pearl Pkwy.).

Monday, January 30:

UTSA Wellbeing Services will provide “Free STI Testing” from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the H-E-B Student Union Harris Room (SU 2.212).

Tuesday, January 31:

There will be a Downtown Lantern Festival” from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the UTSA Downtown Campus in the Bill Miller Plaza (501 W Cesar E Chavez Blvd.). 

Andrew Brownell will perform a “Guest Recital” from 7:30 to 8:30 p.m. in the UTSA Recital Hall.