Eight side hustles for college students

Chloe Williams, Web and Social Editor

It is no secret that college is expensive, and a part-time job is not always enough to cover bills while also enjoying university life. So whether you want to pursue a side hustle as a part-time job, passive income or on an as-needed basis — follow along to discover eight ways you can earn more with little effort. 

1. Redbubble 

Redbubble offers a quick and efficient way to sell artwork; all you have to do is upload any artwork and the items you want to sell it on. You control the price and profit margin. The artwork does not have to be in-depth — most best-selling stickers contain words and require few design elements. Visit Redbubble’s selling website for more information. 

2. Dog walking and pet sitting

Companies like Rover and Wag! provide easy signup and flexible schedule options. Both sites offer dog walking and pet-sitting services. This is an excellent option for animal lovers and involves minimal effort or planning. Visit each company’s website for more information. 

3. Freelance

Regardless of your hobbies, major or interests — there are freelancing options catered to you. The most popular freelancing website is Fiverr. Fiverr allows you to choose your service and price. If you are looking for odd jobs like furniture assembly, painting, moving or more. Taskrabbit is a popular option as well. 

4. Food delivery

While this may seem like an obvious choice, working in food or grocery delivery can provide an extra source of easy income. Popular options include DoorDash, Uber Eats, Instacart and Grubhub

5. Sell stock photos

For those experienced in photography, selling your photos to stock websites is a low-effort option. Popular websites include Shutterstock, 500px, SmugMug and Getty Images

6. Website testing

Websites like usertesting.com will pay you to provide your honest perspective on products and services. Usertesting pays $10 for each 10 to 15-minute test you complete. 

7. Sell your notes

Instead of trashing your old notes, sell them instead. A popular website is Stuvia, where the average earning per document is $8.50. Another option is Nexus Notes which offers payment options by views or free access to study material. 

8. Edit essays

If you are proficient in editing and writing, this is a solid option. A specific way you can market yourself is by helping with college admissions essays. Useful places to advertise your services can be the library, prospective student groups and freelancing websites. 

Read more Spare Change: https://paisano-online.com/category/arts-life/life/spare-change/