Aces win back-to-back thriller Game 4 to win WNBA title

The Aces star strutted lineup led by superstar MVP A’ja Wilson sweeps Breanna Stewart New York Liberty. The Ace’s dominant third quarter became the difference in a 70-69 win over the Liberty. Las Vegas found a way to get it done without Chelsea Gray, who injured her foot late in Game 3 and Kiah Strokes, who had a lingering pain in her foot. 

“People counted us out as back-to-back champions. That s—t fueled us,” said A’ja Wilson. 

This team did not only overcome injuries but many doubters along the way thinking that they would win their second championship in franchise history. 

Game four started off with Liberty taking off to a commanding 10-point lead. The Aces then came out with a 5-0 run to start the second quarter. The first half of this game was clearly dominated by New York, however, neither team necessarily  shot well. The Aces hit 13-of-35 and New York went 14-of-36. Las Vegas entered the second half looking like a new and improved team with a blazing hot start to the third quarter. Star player A’ja Wilson scored nine straight points to tie the game 51-51. Then Aces went on a 9-0 run to end the commanding third quarter leading by two. As the game entered the final quarter, the intensity reached a fever pitch. Both teams were determined to secure the championship, and the fans could feel the tension in the air. Breanna Stewart, a two-time Finals MVP, delivered a performance for the ages, scoring points when it mattered most and making critical stops on the defensive end.

In the closing minutes, the Las Vegas Aces made a last-ditch effort to regain the lead. A’ja Wilson continued to shine, and Kelsey Plum hit a clutch three-pointer to keep her team’s hopes alive. But, in the end, the Aces’ experience and composure proved to be the difference-maker, as they held on to secure a hard-fought victory. The Aces came back from a tough 12-point deficit to win the world title. 

This game not only meant a lot to the city of Las Vegas but to the whole WNBA history. The Las Vegas Aces became the first team in history to win back-to-back titles. It’s historical, right? There’s a reason it hasn’t been done in that long of a time. It’s hard to do. It’s hard to get to the Finals multiple times,” says star forward Alysha Clark. New York Liberty fought hard to keep it close but were unable to finish off the game. 

The WNBA Finals game was a breathtaking display of skill and determination. It showcased the incredible talent of women’s basketball and reminded fans why they are so passionate about the sport. The game will undoubtedly be remembered as one of the most thrilling WNBA Finals in recent memory, leaving fans eagerly awaiting next year’s championship battle to repeat.