When the war bells sound

Kara Lee

Have you enjoyed your time of peace, “Zoomers?” The age of blissful ignorance is over, and the clock of war has struck zero. The political masters, along with their financiers, have blown their whistle to begin this age’s edition of international bloodsport and generational sacrifice. 

It was about time that the powers at hand were to round up the masses for another conflict of global proportions. If the pages of history reveal anything, it seems every generation since the lost generation participates in a fight that unites or divides society and provides the groundwork for the rest of their lives. 

World War I belonged to the lost generation; The GI’s had World War II and Korea; the Baby Boomers had Vietnam and for Gen X, the Cold War, with Millennials fighting the war on terror. One hundred years of war were fought over political conquest and greed. When the masters begin to suspect slippage within a generation, they scoop them up and force them into submission to believe in the system, continuing the cycle once again. 

Our politicians and the West will not let Israel fall. No rally, student demonstration or riot will convince them to change their minds and turn their backs on their greatest investment. The West is all about making a point, and they will hold out until their last dying breath. We stayed in Vietnam and the Middle East longer than we should have. The reason? The United States and the West would not let a country like Vietnam or the terrorists in the Middle East defeat the greatest military power the world has ever seen. 

Israel and the nations backing them will not let Hamas and Palestine win this conflict; the same can be applied to the Ukraine conflict. Fragile egos and power are a dangerous combination that all the world’s politicians hold. This war will be fought over the same issues that have plagued humanity since the dawn of time. The game remains the same — battles over territorial and religious differences, in turn, cause issues of resource availability, perpetuating the cycle of war. 

History is hard to measure; what impact will be left when that time period is gone? The chapters of history are filled with decrepit propaganda or crude, almost fictitious stories, so outlandish in nature that the ancient Greeks would have a hard time believing them. 

Living history is a much different animal than looking back at history in retrospect. The game is far too premature to foresee how the ending will be, but one thing is certain: this generation is on the cusp of its great fight.

Gen Z has been given a combination of unique factors that many generations were not given; we have nothing — we were written off before we were even born. The preceding generations were betting on the collapse of this society, but it never came. We and the following generations are left with the doomed existence of the abuses of the 20th century. 

The generation’s energy is growing by the day, and if you do not believe it, rounds will make it your way. Gen Z will not be an ill-fated generation given a pillaged world; the great fight is on the hill and the march of war is on the horizon. The question must be asked: Will we be the ones to win this fight, or will we falter and fail in turn to continue the cycle that the generations before us failed to win?