PAISANO POETS – Lost in the art of it all by Samantha Ysaguirre

Staff writer Samantha delights us all with another one of her poems!

Check out Samantha’s here!

Samantha Ysaguirre
Samantha Ysaguirre, Staff Writer
Hi, I am Samantha Ysaguirre. My pronouns are she/they. I am obtaining a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Art specializing in drawing and am a Junior at The University of Texas at San Antonio. I have written for the Paisano for four months, exploring Art and poetry. A few interests outside the two involve reading and practicing contemporary dance.
Marcela Montufar Soria
Marcela Montufar Soria, Multimedia Editor
Marcela (She/Her/Ella) is an Honors College History and Classical Studies and Humanities major with a concentration in Religious Studies and a minor in East Asian Studies. She is an international student from Mexico and is the fourth member of her family to be a student at UTSA. After graduation, she plans to pursue a graduate education in Chinese history. Outside of school, Marcela volunteers at the Witte Museum as a gallery attendant during the weekends. Her hobbies include violin playing, amateur stargazing, video editing, writing, reading non-fiction, and painting. She joined the Paisano in Fall 2021, became Assistant Multimedia Editor in Spring 2022, and became Multimedia Editor in Spring 2023.