Sexual assault, theft, stalking

UTSA crime in the first month of school
Lauro Martinez

In compliance with the Clery Act, UTSA keeps a public daily crime log that houses all on-campus crimes. The log gives brief summaries that include the date, time, location, incident and current status of the case. The crimes detailed below are taken directly from the crime log, showcasing the trends premiered during the first month of classes. 

Sexual Assault

On Sunday, Feb. 11, a sexual assault offense took place at Guadalupe Residence Hall. The offense occurred from 12  to 6 a.m. but was later reported on Monday at 11:57 p.m. The case is still active. 

Possession or Promotion of Lewd Visual Material Depicting Child

On Tuesday, Feb. 6, a possession or promotion of lewd visual material depicting child offense took place at Alvarez Residence Hall. The offense occurred at 9:03 p.m. and was reported at the same time. In addition, this individual was charged with “assault by contact: family violence.” The case was cleared by arrest. 

Stalking

On Monday, Jan. 22, a stalking incident occurred at the Recreation & Wellness Center. The incident occurred at 9:13 a.m. and continued for 24 hours; the report came in at 9:13 a.m. on Tuesday. The case is closed. 

Domestic Violence

On Wednesday, Jan. 24, an “Assist Outside Agency-Domestic Violence” incident took place at the Recreation & Wellness Center. The incident occurred from 8 to 9 a.m. and was reported at 3:32 p.m. The case is closed. 

Unlawful Installation of Tracking Device

On Thursday, Jan. 25, an unlawful installation of a tracking device incident took place at the Recreation & Wellness Center. The incident occurred from 7:50 p.m. to 2 p.m. the next day and was reported at 9:06 a.m. on Friday. The case is still active. 

Assault: Bodily Injury

On Tuesday, Feb. 6, an assault causing bodily injury took place at University Oaks. To specify, assault causing bodily injury means “intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly caus[ing] bodily injury to another.” The incident occurred at 10:28 a.m. and was reported soon after at 10:44 a.m. The case is still active. 

Terroristic Threat

On Thursday, Feb. 1, a terroristic threat was made near UTSA’s Resident Lot 4. The threat occurred from 11:56 a.m. to 6 p.m. and was reported at 7:30 p.m. The case is still active. 

Possession with Intent to Deliver a Controlled Substance

On Sunday, Jan. 28, an individual was charged with multiple offenses, one being possession with intent to deliver a controlled substance. Additionally, there was a charge for possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of marijuana. The incident took place at 2:44 p.m. and was reported at the same time. The case was cleared by arrest. 

Possession of Drug Paraphernalia and Possession of Marijuana 

Scattered throughout the crime log, there are multiple different charges for possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of marijuana. Though the two are not mutually exclusive, they do appear grouped together in the crime log consistently.  

Theft

Dominating the crime log is theft. While most of the reported crimes are just general and labeled “theft/larceny,” there are a few specific incidents. On Jan. 22, a motor vehicle theft incident occurred on Barshop Blvd Lot 1. The incident was reported at 9:55 p.m. on Jan. 23. The case is still active. 

Duty on Striking Unattended Vehicle 

Much like theft, “duty on striking unattended vehicles” is a consistent trend reported throughout the crime log. With five counts reported since Jan. 19, only two of them remain active. 

To stay in the loop, visit UTSA’s Public Safety website.