UT Health unveils new medical facility

Armin Suljovic

On Mar. 25, “UTSA and UT Health San Antonio officials welcomed the opening of the new facility located at UTSA Park West Campus.” The building is called UT Health at Kyle Seale Parkway and is a “five-story, 108,000-square-foot medical facility delivering primary, specialty and surgical care.”

In 2021, UT Health San Antonio collaborated with UTSA to “advance their shared goal of creating a healthier society.” UT Health San Antonio became the “official healthcare partner for UTSA Athletics, providing student-athletes with access to the health science center’s distinguished physicians and clinicians for primary care, physical therapy and other specialties and for imaging and surgical services.”

The services and specialties that UT Health at Kyle Seale Parkway offers are “primary care, gastroenterology, obstetrics and gynecology, ophthalmology, orthopedics, otolaryngology, physical medicine and rehabilitation, physical therapy, and urology services. Patients also have access to the latest diagnostic laboratory testing and convenient imaging services, including MRI, CT scan, X-ray and ultrasound.”

“Our continued partnership with UT Health allows us to provide world-class care to our Roadrunner community, especially to our student-athletes, coaches and staff who are competing at higher levels than ever before,” UTSA President Taylor Eighmy said. “I’m immensely grateful to Dr. Henrich — whose vision and legacy will live on through his impactful work — his colleagues at UT Health and my colleagues at UTSA for continually collaborating to create new opportunities for wellbeing that make our university a great place to learn, work and discover.”

“This access to affordable and exemplary health care aligns closely with our efforts to enhance the campus experience and supports UTSA’s goal to be a great place to work,” UTSA Executive Vice President of Business Affairs and Chief Enterprise Development Officer Veronica Salazar said. 

Not only will this facility and project provide care for the community, but it will also strengthen future educational possibilities. “The program aims to expand the availability of learning opportunities for UTSA students of all levels and programs of study. Guided by its 10-year strategic plan, UTSA is working toward its goal of providing 75% of its students with hands-on learning opportunities by the time they graduate,” UTSA Director of Strategic Communications Brandie Yale said. 

UT Health San Antonio stated, “We do everything it takes to support the health needs of our city and surrounding region through academics, research, patient care and service to the community. Stay informed on the latest news and events and discover how you can be a part of our mission to make lives better.”

To see the new UT Health facility at Kyle Seale Parkway, go to 7946 North Loop 1604 W or contact them at (210) 450-9000.