The greatest player of all-time from each UTSA program

While some of the athletics programs at UTSA are still young, others are storied and rich in history. Regardless of program age, each one has a “G.O.A.T.”  

Frank Harris, football, quarterback 

Harris owns every single program record imaginable. In his seven seasons with the Roadrunners, he won two Conference-USA championships, was named C-USA MVP in 2022 and led the team to two nationally-ranked seasons. 

Devin Brown, men’s basketball, guard

Brown burst onto the scene in his first season at UTSA, earning Southland Conference Freshman of the Year honors in 1999. He was named first-team all-conference in his final three years with the ‘Runners and went on to win an NBA championship in 2005 with the San Antonio Spurs. Brown was enshrined in the San Antonio Sports Hall of Fame in 2023. 

Monica Gibbs, women’s basketball, guard 

Gibbs was with UTSA from 2005 to 2009. During that time, she was a one-time SLC Player of the Year, SLC Defensive Player of the Year, the 2005 SLC Rookie of the Year and a three-time All-SLC player. She also holds the program record for assists, defensive rebounds and was the first women’s basketball player to have her number, 33, retired. 

Michael Rockett, baseball, outfielder 

Rockett helped UTSA to back-to-back SLC Championships in 2007 and 2008. He was the SLC Player of the Year in 2008 and was drafted by the Detroit Tigers in 2009. 

Maria Jose Rojas, soccer, forward 

A Roadrunner for just two years, Rojas was named both First and Second-team All-SLC. She represented Chile in the 2019 Women’s World Cup, becoming the first former ‘Runner to do so. 

McKenzie Adams, volleyball, outside hitter 

In her time with the Roadrunners, Adams was a two-time All-American. She helped UTSA volleyball to the NCAA tournament in 2013 and was inducted into the UTSA Athletics Hall of Fame in 2023. 

Jessica Rogers, softball, infielder 

Rogers was named first-team All-Conference in all four of her seasons with UTSA and still holds multiple program records for her performance at the plate. Her number was retired in 2008.  

Tameka Roberts, track

An eight-time All-American and three-time SLC Athlete of the Year, Roberts joins Adams as a member of the UTSA Athletics Hall of Fame. Roberts remains the record holder for outdoor 100 meters, outdoor 200m, long jump and indoor 200m.  

Camryn Carreon, golf

As a junior, Carreon became the first player in program history to make it past the NCAA regional. She is a three-time All-C-USA player and is the owner of multiple school records. Although she is still actively playing, Carreon has already earned G.O.A.T status in our eyes.