Show Recap: Dave Hause at SXSW

Img 8297

The showcase I attended on March 13th was the House of Vans showcase at The Mohawk in Austin, Texas. After waiting in line for over two hours, I made my way into the inside part of the venue. In the back room where around twenty people watched in enjoyment, Dave Hause was playing his acoustic set for the House of Vans showcase. Dave Hause is a singer songwriter from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and also lead vocalist for the punk rock band The Loved Ones. As I made my way into the small room half way through Hause’s set, I couldn’t help but feel the emotion behind each word he sang. With lyrics pertaining to hard times in life, drug use, and feeling free, everybody in the room became a fan of Hause fast. While performing his song “Great Depression”, Hause surprised everyone by taking a seat behind a keyboard and performing a keys version of the song. As Hause’s set was running a bit long, he decided to make a quick performance of his song “The Shine” by skipping the involvement from the crowd to chant the words “shine on.” Once Hause had ended his set and thanked everyone for coming out, everyone wanted to know where they could hear more Dave Hause music. Each song hit home in some way for everyone in that small crowd. Even though Hause was the opener for the showcase, he was a huge highlight for everyone’s night

Catch Dave Hause on his recent Devour America tour. Offical dates here: (http://www.davehause.com/tour-dates/)