College of Business to offer Master of Science program

The M.S. in Business is a 12-month, full-time program designed to offer qualified undergraduates with non-business backgrounds or degrees an intensive business education at the graduate level. The program will be offered once a year in the summer, beginning summer 2016. 

Director of M.S Business Dr. Daniel Davied stated, “We are excited about the launch of the M.S. in Business program. The program will equip students with the leadership and financial skills required in management, which will give them a competitive edge in the marketplace.”

The program focuses on applied learning and transferable skills, as well as hands-on learning to ensure students can successfully apply leadership tools and techniques from the classroom to real world scenarios.

In addition, students will develop the analytical framework and advanced managerial insight needed to become valuable contributors across a broad range of industries.

According to the College of Business, students can engage face-to-face with accomplished faculty who share relevant experiences from diverse perspectives. Also, students are guided in their career development through professional development coursework and seminars.

Davied also explained that the program is taught as a cohort, which means each course in the program will be taught at the same time for all students, “This (cohort) program will help students begin a personal network with other students, and this new network may provide them with future suppliers or future employers. Every student should be building their personal networks.”

Applicants should provide a completed application, transcripts, official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT), a personal statement of academic and personal goals, at least two letters of reference from professors and a résumé. For more information, go to http://business.utsa.edu/msbusiness.