Student Services and Updates

Bella Nieto, News Editor

For students still facing difficulty after last week’s storm, UTSA has several resources available to alleviate the challenges caused by the events of the past week. 

The Student Emergency Fund will provide $100 grants to eligible full/part-time students for essential supplies. Students can apply for aid on the One Stop Financial Aid page. Applications will be evaluated on a first-come, first-served basis. In addition, students may apply for financial aid reevaluation and emergency aid.  For employees, the Staff Emergency Fund will provide $200 grants to eligible full-time staff members. 

Other resources include the Roadrunner Pantry, which will be back to its normal operating hours, Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. The John Peace Library, the Campus Recreation Center and the HEB Student Union have resumed normal hours as well. 

Students should be aware that any assignments due during the campus closure, which ended Monday, Feb. 22, cannot be counted late by a professor. However, any updates after the opening date are subject to the professor’s discretion. 

Finally, UTSA will extend the spring 2021 semester. The university sent an email on Monday informing students the last day of classes will be Friday, May 7th and final exams will be from May 10-14th; however, Spring Break is still scheduled for Mar. 8-12.