Dean of Students LT Robinson sends updates on sexual assault intiatives

Bella Nieto, News Editor

In an email to students last week, Senior Vice Provost for Student Affairs and Dean of Students LT Robinson detailed the current state of the university’s initiative to prevent sexual assault and misconduct. 

The update, divided into four parts, explained the continuous efforts in prevention education, services related to advocacy, reporting options and ways to get involved. The university is planning several events, some of which include Purple Ribbon Day, Coffee and Consent, Take Back the Night, National Night Out, Green Dot Bystander Intervention Overview and Trauma Healing Yoga. 

Nationally recognized, Green Dot bystander intervention is training to decrease and prevent the occurrence of power-based personal violence, including dating and domestic violence, stalking and sexual assault. 

UTSA has resources aimed at advocating for victims of sexual assault. The PEACE Center, which stands for Prevention, Education, Advocacy, Consultation and Empowerment employs campus advocacy to help students who are victims of sexual violence. Services include crisis intervention, safety planning, reporting option education and emotional support. 

Students can report sexual violence or misconduct to the Equal Opportunity Services/Title IX Office and the UTSA Police Department. Faculty are required to report disclosure of sexual violence to the Title IX coordinator.