Get Involved Week of Nov. 8 to Nov. 15

Riley Carroll, Arts & Life Editor

Tuesday, Nov. 8:

Nov. 8 is the last day to vote. Make sure you cast your ballot by today. UTSA’s Main Campus will be a polling site from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 8, in the H-E-B Student Union Ballroom (HSU 1.102).

UTSA’s Neuroscience, Developmental and Regenerative Biology Department is hosting “Chew on This: ‘How do we calm the electrical storm that is epilepsy?’ – Chat with Dr. David Jaffe” from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. on Nov. 8 in the Loeffler Room (BSB 3.03.02). For more information, visit RowdyLink.

The “Nation First-Gen Celebration Day and Kick-Off” event hosted by First-Generation Transfer Student Programs will take place from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Nov. 8 at Food Tabling 6 in the Central Plaza. For more information, visit RowdyLink.

Join the Pre-Law Association for their final guest speaker of the fall semester from 4 to 5 p.m. on Nov. 8 online. “We’ll be learning about child welfare law, family law, and juvenile law.” For more information, visit RowdyLink.

UTSA Air Force ROTC Detachment 842 is hosting Air Force ROTC GMC Leadership Training which will take place from 4 to 5:30 p.m. on Nov. 8 at the South 5 field in the Recreation Field Complex near the Recreation Wellness Center (RWC). “Extra flight drill time for Air Force ROTC GMC Cadets will be conducted for continuation in the ROTC program.” For more information, visit RowdyLink.

Give the gift of life this holiday season with Tau Sigma and Gamma Beta Phi at UTSA. Volunteer to help save lives in their bone marrow registry drive from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 8, in the McKinney Humanities Portico. For more, visit @utsa.gbp on Instagram.

Wednesday, Nov. 9:

Do you want to go to the Spurs v. Grizzlies game on Wednesday, Nov. 9? UTSA’s American Marketing Association (AMA) has partnered with the San Antonio Spurs to give UTSA students discounted tickets, with a portion of the proceeds benefiting AMA. For more, visit @utsa_ama on Instagram or purchase tickets at https://fevogm.com/event/Utsaamerican.

Join UTSA Construction Science & Management Alumni Council for food, drinks and networking at 4 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 9, at Dos Sirenos Brewing (231 E Cevallos St.). For more, visit @utsacsmalumni on Instagram.

UTSA Campus Recreation is holding “Demo Kitchen,” an interactive cooking demonstration from 6 to 7 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 9, in the Recreation Wellness Center (RWC 2.204E-Demonstration Kitchen). The dish being served is sushi.

UTSA Wellbeing Services will be hosting “Sex Talk 2.0” as a way to create and promote healthy, inclusive dialogue about sexual health and wellness from 2 p.m. until 5 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 9, in the Student Union Denman Ballroom (SU 2.01.28).

Thursday, Nov. 10:

Elsewhere Garden Bar & Kitchen will be hosting “November Markets” from 5 to 11 p.m. on Nov. 3, Nov. 10 and Nov. 17. Explore local businesses the next few Thursdays. For more, visit @elsewheresatx on Instagram.

Let’s get rowdy about registration. Meet members of UTSA’s advising team and win free merchandise from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 10. For more, visit @utsaadvising on Instagram.

A “Mocktail Etiquette Mixer” hosted by the UTSA College of Sciences Student Success Center and UTSA Career Center will take place from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 10, in the Denman Ballroom (SU 2.01.28). Learn how to engage and socialize with employers and navigate through these situations. Spots are limited to 50 College of Sciences Students. The attire for the event is business professional and will be enforced at the door. Make sure to RSVP through Handshake: https://app.joinhandshake.com/stu/events/1171374?ref=events-search.

In honor of Science Semana, join the UTSA College of Sciences Student Success Center for “Science Rocks!” From 1 to 3 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 10, in the College of Sciences Student Success Center (FLN 2.03.02), enjoy rock painting along with an ice cream sundae station to celebrate.

Friday, Nov. 11:

Model United Nations Society is holding its first Alamo Model United Nations Conference in two years at 8 a.m. on Friday, Nov. 11 and Sunday, Nov. 13, in the H-E-B Student Union. There will be three councils: the Security Council, the Economic and Social Council and the Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean conducted in Spanish.

Saturday, Nov. 12:

At 6 p.m. on Nov. 12, Tandem Coffee & Bar will host “San Antonio Covers For A Cause,” featuring local artists Werito Guertio, Dumb Belles and Baldemar. The event will benefit Buckle Bunnies Fund, an abortion aid mutual collective. For more, visit @otheryoumedia and @bucklebunniesfundtx on Instagram.

Roadrunners Triathlon is in need of volunteers for the “Texas Tough Duathlon” event set-up on Saturday, Nov. 12, and for the safety team, parking, finish line, transition and aid stations on Sunday, Nov. 13. For more, visit @utsatriathlon on Instagram or sign-up to volunteer at https://www.trisignup.com/Race/Volunteer/TX/Boerne/TexasToughDuathlon.

Sunday, Nov. 13:

A Veterans Day Concert will take place from 3 to 5 p.m. on Sunday, Nov. 13, at the Helotes Fire Department. The event will feature a live concert from the Helotes Area Community Band. The event and event parking is free to the public.

Monday, Nov. 14:

The HCaP Student Success Center is holding a “Mellow-out Monday” from 1 to 3 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 14, in the HCAP Student Success Center (MS 2.02.36). Find space in your week to mellow out with these relaxing activities: Mandala coloring, Play-Doh, Origami and more.

Tuesday, Nov. 15:

UTSA Financial Success is hosting a FAFSA and TASFA Financial Aid Application Workshop from 1 to 4 p.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 15, in the Writing Center Computer Lab (JPL 2.01.12C).